Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Magvavox trouble

Magvavox trouble

Rick

I have a Magnavox MWR20V6 DVD recorder with a video cassette recorder.
I have tried four times to dub from a VHS tape to a DVD-R. Each time I
can record the disk and play it on the Magnavox machine, the same
machine I recorded it on. But, three different recordings will NOT
play on any other DVD player in the house. Nor on any of my computers
with DVD players. I have called Magnavox and been assured that I have
set it up properly to allow these recordings to be played anywhere.
This ability requires me to set the end of the recorded tape to
automatically finish which I have done. I am not using cheap disks,
either. I use Memorex. So, at this point, I hope some Magnavox
engineer out there will read this and can shed some light on my
problem. Otherwise, it appears that I have been ripped off by
Magnavox.

Any suggestions?

Rick Roberts

Oldus Fartus

Rick wrote:
> I have a Magnavox MWR20V6 DVD recorder with a video cassette recorder.
> I have tried four times to dub from a VHS tape to a DVD-R. Each time I
> can record the disk and play it on the Magnavox machine, the same
> machine I recorded it on. But, three different recordings will NOT
> play on any other DVD player in the house. Nor on any of my computers
> with DVD players. I have called Magnavox and been assured that I have
> set it up properly to allow these recordings to be played anywhere.
> This ability requires me to set the end of the recorded tape to
> automatically finish which I have done. I am not using cheap disks,
> either. I use Memorex. So, at this point, I hope some Magnavox
> engineer out there will read this and can shed some light on my
> problem. Otherwise, it appears that I have been ripped off by
> Magnavox.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Rick Roberts

Have you finalized the discs after recording?

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

Fred C. Dobbs

On 8 Apr 2007 15:18:57 -0700, "Rick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have a Magnavox MWR20V6 DVD recorder with a video cassette recorder.
>I have tried four times to dub from a VHS tape to a DVD-R. Each time I
>can record the disk and play it on the Magnavox machine, the same
>machine I recorded it on. But, three different recordings will NOT
>play on any other DVD player in the house. Nor on any of my computers
>with DVD players. I have called Magnavox and been assured that I have
>set it up properly to allow these recordings to be played anywhere.
>This ability requires me to set the end of the recorded tape to
>automatically finish which I have done. I am not using cheap disks,
>either. I use Memorex. So, at this point, I hope some Magnavox
>engineer out there will read this and can shed some light on my
>problem. Otherwise, it appears that I have been ripped off by
>Magnavox.
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>Rick Roberts

Have you finalized the Disk yet.?

def456

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I have a Magnavox MWR20V6 DVD recorder with a video cassette recorder.
> I have tried four times to dub from a VHS tape to a DVD-R. Each time I
> can record the disk and play it on the Magnavox machine, the same
> machine I recorded it on. But, three different recordings will NOT
> play on any other DVD player in the house. Nor on any of my computers
> with DVD players. I have called Magnavox and been assured that I have
> set it up properly to allow these recordings to be played anywhere.
> This ability requires me to set the end of the recorded tape to
> automatically finish which I have done. I am not using cheap disks,
> either. I use Memorex. So, at this point, I hope some Magnavox
> engineer out there will read this and can shed some light on my
> problem. Otherwise, it appears that I have been ripped off by
> Magnavox.
>
> Any suggestions?

If the VHS tapes are protected, that might be the reason. Try a VHS tape you
know for sure is unprotected.

If you can set/hook it up, try dubbing from a different VCR (rather than the
internal one) to the DVD recorder.

You might also try a different kind and brand of disc. If you're using
DVD-R, try DVD+R. Also try a couple of different disc brands, other than
Memorex:
http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm