Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > security+ - does that seem right?

security+ - does that seem right?

=?Utf-8?B?TWF0dCBQYXJkbw==?=

Ok, I am looking at the MCSE security requirements. Why Security+ but not
CISSP? That doesn't seem to make sense to me. Anyone know the logic behind
it?

Thanks,

Matt

catwalker63

Matt Pardo piffled away vaguely:

> Ok, I am looking at the MCSE security requirements. Why Security+ but not
> CISSP? That doesn't seem to make sense to me. Anyone know the logic behind
> it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt

Maybe because someone who's got an CISSP doesn't go back and get an
MCSE. That would be illogical.
--

Catwalker
MCNGP #43

=?Utf-8?B?TWF0dCBQYXJkbw==?=

How would that be illogical?

"catwalker63" wrote:

> Matt Pardo piffled away vaguely:
>
> > Ok, I am looking at the MCSE security requirements. Why Security+ but not
> > CISSP? That doesn't seem to make sense to me. Anyone know the logic behind
> > it?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Matt

> Maybe because someone who's got an CISSP doesn't go back and get an
> MCSE. That would be illogical.
> --
>
> Catwalker
> MCNGP #43
> www.mcngp.com
> "I have a gun. It's loaded. Shut up."

Consultant

every cissp i know is a complete idiot when it comes to ms products. come to
think of it, they are just idiots. the whole security consultant gig is a
big scam

"Matt Pardo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> How would that be illogical?
>
> "catwalker63" wrote:
>
>> Matt Pardo piffled away vaguely:
>>
>> > Ok, I am looking at the MCSE security requirements. Why Security+ but
>> > not
>> > CISSP? That doesn't seem to make sense to me. Anyone know the logic
>> > behind
>> > it?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Matt

>> Maybe because someone who's got an CISSP doesn't go back and get an
>> MCSE. That would be illogical.
>> --
>>
>> Catwalker
>> MCNGP #43
>> www.mcngp.com
>> "I have a gun. It's loaded. Shut up."

Joe

Yeah right......sour grapes et al....

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> every cissp i know is a complete idiot when it comes to ms products. come

> think of it, they are just idiots. the whole security consultant gig is a
> big scam
>
> "Matt Pardo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > How would that be illogical?
> >
> > "catwalker63" wrote:
> >
> >> Matt Pardo piffled away vaguely:

> >> Maybe because someone who's got an CISSP doesn't go back and get an
> >> MCSE. That would be illogical.
> >> --
> >>
> >> Catwalker
> >> MCNGP #43
> >> www.mcngp.com
> >> "I have a gun. It's loaded. Shut up."

catwalker63

Matt Pardo piffled away vaguely:

> How would that be illogical?

The CISSP is an real elite certification, properly protected. The MCSE
and Security+ are not. They are not remotely in the same league and
they don't use the same system. A CISSP does not need an MCSE. It's
like graduating from college and then going to kindergarten.
--

Catwalker
MCNGP #43
www.mcngp.com
"I have a gun. It's loaded. Shut up."

Frisbee®

news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Matt Pardo piffled away vaguely:
>

>> How would that be illogical?
>>

> The CISSP is an real elite certification, properly protected. The MCSE
> and Security+ are not. They are not remotely in the same league and
> they don't use the same system. A CISSP does not need an MCSE. It's
> like graduating from college and then going to kindergarten.

So basically, if you're planning on teaching at Kindergarten, you need to
get your CISSP first, then get your MCSE?

Children Is Such Saintly Peaches, then More Children Standing Everywhere.

catwalker63

Frisbee® piffled away vaguely:

> "catwalker63" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> The CISSP is an real elite certification, properly protected. The MCSE
>> and Security+ are not. They are not remotely in the same league and
>> they don't use the same system. A CISSP does not need an MCSE. It's
>> like graduating from college and then going to kindergarten.

> So basically, if you're planning on teaching at Kindergarten, you need to
> get your CISSP first, then get your MCSE?
>
> Children Is Such Saintly Peaches, then More Children Standing Everywhere.

TMML
--

Catwalker
MCNGP #43
www.mcngp.com
"I have a gun. It's loaded. Shut up."

Consultant

not at all

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yeah right......sour grapes et al....

> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> every cissp i know is a complete idiot when it comes to ms products. come

>> think of it, they are just idiots. the whole security consultant gig is a
>> big scam
>>
>> "Matt Pardo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >
>> > How would that be illogical?

Grog in Ohio

"Matt Pardo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ok, I am looking at the MCSE security requirements. Why Security+ but not
> CISSP? That doesn't seem to make sense to me. Anyone know the logic behind
> it?

I have no idea where some people get their information but much posted here
is simply wrong. I got my MCSE several years ago and the MCSE:Security as
soon as it was available. I got the CISSP mid 2006. The certs are
completely unrelated. MCSE shows you know what you're doing with Microsoft
products. The CISSP has absolutely nothing to do with Microsoft products
but rather security policy, encryption, disaster recovery, physical
security, access control, legal and regulatory issues, telecomm, etc. Not
one word about networking or Windows.

https://www.isc2.org/cgi-bin/request...aycategory=694

Grog