Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > C++ in a windows plateform

C++ in a windows plateform

mokhta

Hi there,
I'm acctually learning c++ and I have done several programs but they
only execute on the dos window...however i wanted to know if we can
actually program something that runs in a normal window like...let's
say msn messenger where the program runs on graphic features...with
the buttons and all that....
thanks for the help

Alf P. Steinbach

* mokhta:
> I'm acctually learning c++ and I have done several programs but they
> only execute on the dos window...however i wanted to know if we can
> actually program something that runs in a normal window like...let's
> say msn messenger where the program runs on graphic features...with
> the buttons and all that....

Yes, you can, and "msn messenger" is most probably written in C++.

However, it's off-topic in this group since it only involves how to use
system-specific libraries and tools.

Better post in one of the groups listed in the FAQ; see <url:
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9>.

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is it such a bad thing?

me2online

On Apr 8, 3:25 pm, "mokhta" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi there,
> I'm acctually learning c++ and I have done several programs but they
> only execute on the dos window...however i wanted to know if we can
> actually program something that runs in a normal window like...let's
> say msn messenger where the program runs on graphic features...with
> the buttons and all that....
> thanks for the help

I wud suggest charles petzold's windows programming book for this.

thnx

dave_mikesell@fastmail.fm

On Apr 8, 3:25 pm, "mokhta" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi there,
> I'm acctually learning c++ and I have done several programs but they
> only execute on the dos window...however i wanted to know if we can
> actually program something that runs in a normal window like...let's
> say msn messenger where the program runs on graphic features...with
> the buttons and all that....

Even better, how about programming something that works on Windows,
Mac, X11, etc:

http://www.wxwidgets.org/

Corss plateform note programme - Where to Start? jonathanmcw@gmail.com C++ 1 05-06-2006 06:40 PM
plateform info. Monu Agrawal Python 5 09-22-2005 02:00 PM
Plateform Idependent kkm MCAD 1 09-16-2005 12:53 AM
Good java Installer ? ( cross-plateform + JNI ) P. Barthelemy Java 0 05-17-2005 06:25 AM

Advertisments