Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Starting out in IT industry, need help.

Starting out in IT industry, need help.

Consultant

you're right, my bad.

news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Consultant piffled away vaguely:
>> "catwalker63" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Consultant piffled away vaguely:

>>> For once, you're right. <eg>
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Catwalker
>>> MCNGP #43
>>> www.mcngp.com
>>> "I have a gun. It's loaded. Shut up."
>>>

>> only once??????????
>>

> Well there was that one time. But you told me that was just between us.
>
> --
>
> Catwalker
> MCNGP #43
> www.mcngp.com
> "I have a gun. It's loaded. Shut up."

=?Utf-8?B?ZHN0cm9uZzg2?=

Have a Plan B ... Overqualified or No Experience?

Another factor, a problem I have is that I've been told in interviews and
from recruiters that I'm OVERqualified ... Even afraid to hire me for three
month projects for fear I won't finish out the job

* 20 years (mainframe/Visual Basic/VBA) programmer with simultaneous 5 years
as Desktop Support (same company)
* company buyout and layoff
* back to Tech School for MCSA (Server 2003), MCDST Desktop and Comptia A+
* STILL looking for PERMANENT work
* "You're Overqualified" ... along with the corresponding low pay for
PART-TIME work

** It's a lot harder if you are NOT NOW in the job you plan to stay in
Being at a company for a long time is not job security -- it's how
MARKETABLE are you when you're looking

** MCSE with NO EXPERIENCE can also be a problem along with reports that
there is a surplus of IT Tech people

--
= St Louis =

"Andrew Staley" wrote:

> Ok, I've taken a leap from a job that I have done for 5yrs (insurance) into
> the IT industry as it's something I've always had an interest in.
>
> I am going to a company to do IT support (desktop) and a little network
> admin stuff with the flexibility to specialize in either if I choose.
>
> The help I need is in choosing what qualification might help me the most, I
> was originally looking at doing MCSE certification but it seems this might
> not be a good idea as it's being withdrawn. Can anyone suggest a good route
> for me to go and outline a little what is involved?
>
> Thanks in advance, Andrew.

Scott

Andrew Staley wrote:
> Ok, I've taken a leap from a job that I have done for 5yrs (insurance) into
> the IT industry as it's something I've always had an interest in.
>
> I am going to a company to do IT support (desktop) and a little network
> admin stuff with the flexibility to specialize in either if I choose.
>
> The help I need is in choosing what qualification might help me the most, I
> was originally looking at doing MCSE certification but it seems this might
> not be a good idea as it's being withdrawn. Can anyone suggest a good route
> for me to go and outline a little what is involved?
>
> Thanks in advance, Andrew.

You need to stand out from the rest...linux, web design (dreamweaver),
security, cisco, SQL, etc

CBIC

"Scott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> You need to stand out from the rest...linux, web design (dreamweaver),
> security, cisco, SQL, etc

And most importantly MCNGP

Neil

did you hear "CBIC" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in news:
#(E-Mail Removed):

> And most importantly MCNGP

no, quit that and get your MVP...

....I want my, I want my, I want my MVP....

(no I didn't tickle my sig)

--
The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

- Is infidelity a form of multitasking?