Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > IT Job market

Reply
Thread Tools

IT Job market

 
 
BA
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-16-2004
Couple of questions for you all,

1) Like BAs (Buss. Analysts), can anyone predict other non-
technical areas that are growing in demand or will in the
future?

2) Which area do you recommend has the best opportunities
for an IT career ... US, Australia, Sweden/Finland ... ?

3) Which field of IT do you recommend getting into for the
long run and where? Open question... any thoughts welcome.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Neil
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-16-2004
"BA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1cbb601c45335
$b0111c60$(E-Mail Removed):

> Which field of IT do you recommend getting into for the
> long run


I like large green fields, with the occassional spattering of leafy green
trees...

(who knows. it never seems to stand still. today security, tomorrow who
knows. viri, spam, and vulnerabilities, oh my. is programming a better
field in the UK than Database admin in Switzerland? what am I friggin'
Kreskin? http://www.amazingkreskin.com/)

--
Neil MCNGP #30
"you'd do what, to who, for how many biscuits?"
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Rowdy Yates
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-16-2004
"BA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1cbb601c45335
$b0111c60$(E-Mail Removed):

> Couple of questions for you all,
>
> 1) Like BAs (Buss. Analysts), can anyone predict other non-
> technical areas that are growing in demand or will in the
> future?


IT guys who know health care stuff.


> 2) Which area do you recommend has the best opportunities
> for an IT career ... US, Australia, Sweden/Finland ... ?


security in iraq. unless, you have a problem with getting shot at. do you?

> 3) Which field of IT do you recommend getting into for the
> long run and where?


HA..HA,,HA,,HA..HA... long run! i like that!

Rowdy Yates, MCSE
--
Rowdy's Home Page
http://rowdy_yates2.tripod.com/
"it's a work in progress"
 
Reply With Quote
 
Simon Geary
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-16-2004

"BA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1cbb601c45335$b0111c60$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Couple of questions for you all,
>
> 1) Like BAs (Buss. Analysts), can anyone predict other non-
> technical areas that are growing in demand or will in the
> future?


Anything to do with mobile phones

>
> 2) Which area do you recommend has the best opportunities
> for an IT career ... US, Australia, Sweden/Finland ... ?


India, if you don't mind the low pay

>
> 3) Which field of IT do you recommend getting into for the
> long run and where? Open question... any thoughts welcome.


IT changes quickly so nothing will be in the long run.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-16-2004
shoe eating will be the next big thing (i hope anyway)
>-----Original Message-----
>Couple of questions for you all,
>
>1) Like BAs (Buss. Analysts), can anyone predict other

non-
>technical areas that are growing in demand or will in the
>future?
>
>2) Which area do you recommend has the best opportunities
>for an IT career ... US, Australia, Sweden/Finland ... ?
>
>3) Which field of IT do you recommend getting into for

the
>long run and where? Open question... any thoughts welcome.
>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
fygar
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-16-2004
On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 17:05:52 -0700, "BA"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Couple of questions for you all,
>
>1) Like BAs (Buss. Analysts), can anyone predict other non-
>technical areas that are growing in demand or will in the
>future?
>
>2) Which area do you recommend has the best opportunities
>for an IT career ... US, Australia, Sweden/Finland ... ?
>
>3) Which field of IT do you recommend getting into for the
>long run and where? Open question... any thoughts welcome.



I don't recommend Western Va.
This was in Monster today .... at least they don't require
certification.


IT Technician

Must have experience working in a secure networked environment
Running Windows and Linux
Responsible for maintaining anti-virus programs
Will work with account creation and control
Server Maintenance
Troubleshooting hardware, network and software errors
Installation and configuration of software




Job Title: IT Technician
Primary Skills: Windows; Linux; Server Maintenance; Microsoft
Office
Job Industry: Computers
Vacancies: 1
Job City: Blacksburg
Job Metro Area: Blacksburg
Job State: VA
Job Country: US
Salary: $10/HOURLY To $15/HOURLY
Hours per Week: 40
Start Date: 06/28/2004
Job Duration: 0 - 3 months
Detailed Job Duration: Ten Week Position
Degree Type: BS
Degree Area: Computer Science
Experience Minimum: 2 Years
Certificates/Licenses:

To submit a resume for this position, you must place
US24073/MB/52361 in the subject line of your e-mail. Send your
resumes to: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) in text format. Do not
send e-mail attachments.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the
eligibility to work in the United States.


 
Reply With Quote
 
billyw
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-16-2004
the plural of virus is not viri.. rather it is viruses..
i expected better from a canadian...
usually quite normal for the revolutionary lot to mess up english.


"Neil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9509CECCA6A06neilmcsehotmailcom@207.46.248 .16...
> "BA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1cbb601c45335
> $b0111c60$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Which field of IT do you recommend getting into for the
> > long run

>
> I like large green fields, with the occassional spattering of leafy green
> trees...
>
> (who knows. it never seems to stand still. today security, tomorrow who
> knows. viri, spam, and vulnerabilities, oh my. is programming a better
> field in the UK than Database admin in Switzerland? what am I friggin'
> Kreskin? http://www.amazingkreskin.com/)
>
> --
> Neil MCNGP #30
> "you'd do what, to who, for how many biscuits?"



 
Reply With Quote
 
Neil
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-16-2004
"billyw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:O5eApO6UEHA.3016
@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:

>
> the plural of virus is not viri.. rather it is viruses..
> i expected better from a canadian...
> usually quite normal for the revolutionary lot to mess up english.


hahaha!!! me spell? use of grammar? proper Queen's English? perhaps we
haven't met. Hi let me introduce myself Billy, I'm Neil. (and the plural
of mouse is mieces. and being Canadian merely means you can be illiterate
in both of our offical languages)



--
Neil MCNGP #30
"you'd do what, to who, for how many biscuits?"
 
Reply With Quote
 
molsonexpert
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-16-2004

"Neil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns950A60707336Eneilmcsehotmailcom@207.46.248 .16...
> "billyw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:O5eApO6UEHA.3016
> @tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:
>
> >
> > the plural of virus is not viri.. rather it is viruses..
> > i expected better from a canadian...
> > usually quite normal for the revolutionary lot to mess up english.

>
> hahaha!!! me spell? use of grammar? proper Queen's English? perhaps we
> haven't met. Hi let me introduce myself Billy, I'm Neil. (and the plural
> of mouse is mieces. and being Canadian merely means you can be illiterate
> in both of our offical languages)
>
>
>
> --
> Neil MCNGP #30
> "you'd do what, to who, for how many biscuits?"


And, yes, the plural of moose is mooses and the plural of goose is gooses.
Tabernaque....

Steve


 
Reply With Quote
 
RH
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-16-2004
You hit the nail right on the head, Rowdy. I work int he
health care field and the demand for IT support in this
field will grow geometrically in the next 10 years. For
every ONE of us that is now in the healthcare field
today, the demand will be TENFOLD when the boomers retire
and start to need healthcare.

>-----Original Message-----
>"BA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

news:1cbb601c45335
>$b0111c60$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Couple of questions for you all,
>>
>> 1) Like BAs (Buss. Analysts), can anyone predict other

non-
>> technical areas that are growing in demand or will in

the
>> future?

>
>IT guys who know health care stuff.
>
>
>> 2) Which area do you recommend has the best

opportunities
>> for an IT career ... US, Australia,

Sweden/Finland ... ?
>
>security in iraq. unless, you have a problem with

getting shot at. do you?
>
>> 3) Which field of IT do you recommend getting into for

the
>> long run and where?

>
>HA..HA,,HA,,HA..HA... long run! i like that!
>
>Rowdy Yates, MCSE
>--
>Rowdy's Home Page
>http://rowdy_yates2.tripod.com/
>"it's a work in progress"
>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: Micoshaft market share drops to 0% for distributed OS Desktop Market overnight Simon Finnigan Computer Support 0 03-03-2010 04:51 PM
Whats the value MCSD Certification hold in Job Market ? Bharat Jariwala \(MCP\) MCSD 3 04-21-2005 07:10 PM
Job market for Cisco professionals George Cisco 0 04-12-2005 02:03 PM
Java vs dotnet job market Disillusioned_01 MCSD 7 06-10-2004 10:18 PM
london job market Microsoft Certification 0 11-01-2003 01:17 PM



Advertisments