Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > RE: Is this Software A Rip Off?Any Experiences?Freeware Alternatives

RE: Is this Software A Rip Off?Any Experiences?Freeware Alternatives

Heidy

x-no-archive:yes

RE: Is this Software A Rip Off?Any Experiences?Freeware Alternatives

I downloaded a lot of software given that they have a 100% Moneyback
Back Gaurantee for 30 Days
See
www.ascentive.com

Do Broadband Speed Software help because this stuff from Ascentive is
All Bells and Whistles Impressive looking Displays but when I checked
the Broadband Speed with an Independent tester it was No faster.

Any suggestions here

Is Google Webaccelerator any good? I know its free?

What about www.opendns.com ?

difficult to configure

The Only Software I was anyway impressived by was their Spymaster Pro
cost $29-99 Usdollars it caught 6 spywares in my pc and removed them
that Norton had Failed to catch not to Mention "The Cleaner" by
Moosoft.com and Lavasoft too.

What effective alternatives are there worth recommending in terms of
quality software?

What about freeware alternatives?

Thanks,

Heidy
Service

Good Quality Website But Expensive If you know a Better Value For Money
Video On Demand Service or even Mirc www.mirc.com please feel free to
contact me.

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) Please remove the "NOSPAM" to reply

hummingbird

On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 11:44:42 +0100 'Heidy'
posted this onto alt.comp.freeware:

>x-no-archive:yes
>
>RE: Is this Software A Rip Off?Any Experiences?Freeware Alternatives
>

>I downloaded a lot of software given that they have a 100% Moneyback
>Back Gaurantee for 30 Days
>See
>www.ascentive.com
>
>Do Broadband Speed Software help because this stuff from Ascentive is
>All Bells and Whistles Impressive looking Displays but when I checked
>the Broadband Speed with an Independent tester it was No faster.

Not surprising. No software can really improve your broadband speed
- that's down to your inhouse connections and ISP networks etc. You
can tweak your TCP settings to get them right and that may improve
your speeds. Also, a lot of poor performance is not actually caused by
broadband itself but by slow web servers around the world and having a
super-fast ADSL connection will not improve that. The best s/w can do
is to maximise bandwidth usage, download managers generally do this -
FlashGet or FDM etc - both free.

>Any suggestions here
>
>Is Google Webaccelerator any good? I know its free?

Find out what it actually claims to do, then doubt it!

>What about www.opendns.com ?

I use OpenDNS as my default DNS service and find it quite good.

>difficult to configure
>
>The Only Software I was anyway impressived by was their Spymaster Pro
>cost $29-99 Usdollars it caught 6 spywares in my pc and removed them
>that Norton had Failed to catch not to Mention "The Cleaner" by
>Moosoft.com and Lavasoft too.
>

>What effective alternatives are there worth recommending in terms of
>quality software?
>
>What about freeware alternatives?

Stick around this newsgroup for a continuous stream of freeware for
many purposes.