Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > RE: Is this Software A Rip Off?Any Experiences?Freeware Alternatives

RE: Is this Software A Rip Off?Any Experiences?Freeware Alternatives

Heidy

x-no-archive:yes

RE: Is this Software A Rip Off?Any Experiences?Freeware Alternatives

I downloaded a lot of software given that they have a 100% Moneyback
Back Gaurantee for 30 Days
See
www.ascentive.com

Do Broadband Speed Software help because this stuff from Ascentive is
All Bells and Whistles Impressive looking Displays but when I checked
the Broadband Speed with an Independent tester it was No faster.

Any suggestions here

Is Google Webaccelerator any good? I know its free?

What about www.opendns.com ?

difficult to configure

The Only Software I was anyway impressived by was their Spymaster Pro
cost $29-99 Usdollars it caught 6 spywares in my pc and removed them
that Norton had Failed to catch not to Mention "The Cleaner" by
Moosoft.com and Lavasoft too.

What effective alternatives are there worth recommending in terms of
quality software?

What about freeware alternatives?

Thanks,

Heidy
Service

Good Quality Website But Expensive If you know a Better Value For Money
Video On Demand Service or even Mirc www.mirc.com please feel free to
contact me.

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) Please remove the "NOSPAM" to reply

J-McC

On principle I would NEVER use it as in my opinion anyone or company
who uses **** tricks like taking over your browser and then launching
page after page of telling me how wonderful their product is. I
tried a quick look at another recently that was a registry
tester/repairer. I ran it to see how good it was, If It was a medico
telling me what was wrong with me I would have been calling the
funeral home!!
After watching it go through it's paces it then had the gall to tell
me for $xx.yy as a super special I could buy the real thing and be
saved forever. (sound like some of the door knocking bastards we all
know of).

I use IE7 and what i do with these pricks is add their name/URL to my
list of restricted/bad/unwanted sites. If more people did this then
maybe these arsoles would see the error of their ways and either go
into a deep hole or use more legitimate ways to generate sales.

I just hate parasites like this lot.
JmC

On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 11:48:05 +0100, Heidy
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>x-no-archive:yes
>
>RE: Is this Software A Rip Off?Any Experiences?Freeware Alternatives
>

>I downloaded a lot of software given that they have a 100% Moneyback
>Back Gaurantee for 30 Days
>See
>www.ascentive.com
>
>Do Broadband Speed Software help because this stuff from Ascentive is
>All Bells and Whistles Impressive looking Displays but when I checked
>the Broadband Speed with an Independent tester it was No faster.
>
>Any suggestions here
>
>Is Google Webaccelerator any good? I know its free?
>
>What about www.opendns.com ?
>
>difficult to configure
>
>The Only Software I was anyway impressived by was their Spymaster Pro
>cost $29-99 Usdollars it caught 6 spywares in my pc and removed them
>that Norton had Failed to catch not to Mention "The Cleaner" by
>Moosoft.com and Lavasoft too.
>

>What effective alternatives are there worth recommending in terms of
>quality software?
>
>What about freeware alternatives?
>
>Thanks,
>

>Heidy
>--
>Service
>
>Good Quality Website But Expensive If you know a Better Value For Money
>Video On Demand Service or even Mirc www.mirc.com please feel free to
>contact me.
>
>(E-Mail Removed) Please remove the "NOSPAM" to reply

Mara

On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 11:48:05 +0100, Heidy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>x-no-archive:yes
>
>RE: Is this Software A Rip Off?Any Experiences?Freeware Alternatives

Tip: "google" isn't that hard to type into your browser.

http://www.cnn.com/TECH/computing/99...idg/index.html
http://www.boutell.com/newfaq/browser/slow.html
http://reviews.cnet.com/5420-6028_7-...hreadID=114131
or
http://tinyurl.com/yo6cy8
and
http://tinyurl.com/bffxq

As for the rest, do your own homework.

--
You don't change the way people think by changing what they say.
You change the way people think with HEADLESS CHARRED BODIES FLY-

thanatoid

Heidy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:4618bbbf$0$24006$(E-Mail Removed):

<SNIP>

Do you perhaps get the feeling we've all pretty much had it with
you? Next you'll asking how to clip your toenails with a
computer.

You never acknowledge let alone thank for any replies, and you
are like a helpless and very annoying child.

Why don't you join AOL and enlighten some forums there with your
presence.

And for ****'s sake stop posting the same question 3 times in 5
minutes!

But you're plonked anyway.