Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > USB device question

USB device question

April

....pse correct me if this is not the right forum for my question.

Sometimes, I get the following msg : "Hi Speed USB Device attached to
non-Hi-Speed hub. The USB mass storage deice is a hi-speed usb device and
will function at reduced speed when plugged into a non hi-speed port. The
hubs show in bold type have free ports that can support the hi-speed usb
device". Then there is the "tree" showing 'IntelR 82801DB/DBM USB2 Enhance
Host Controller 23cd and then USBRoot hub (6 ports) then it shows 6 unused
ports. Under that is Generic USB hub (7 ports) with 7 "Unused Ports".
Their Recommendation is: "Disconnec the USB Mass Storage Device from its
current port and then connect it to one of the port on a hub show in bold
type.

My question is: My hub (on the hub itself) is described as USB 2.0.7 port
hub, Connector Upstream 1 usb series B receptacle, Downstream 7 usb series A
.. The serial no. is D500 05 5996 and this is all the information I have for
the hub. From the diagram is show that all ports have nothing connected to
the hub but I have 1 connected to the pc, 1 connected to the wireless
keyboard and 2 connected and not always switched on. The diagram of unused
ports does not make sense because I ports connected and it's described as
USB.

Also I have 2 usb ports on the pc itself, which also doesnt appear on the
diagram

Please could you clarify my question and let me know your comments.
Thanks very much in advance. Regards.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Try to plug the devoce directly to the USB port on the PC.
If you do not get the message than your Hub is a USB1.1 Hub.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...