Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Mainframe Java

Mainframe Java

R. Vince

I'm been roped into a techical discussion next week as to whether our Java
application can run on a "mainframe." (I know not what kind of "mainframe"
or OS).

Is this kind of thing even in the realm of possibility? Or should i tell
them to rewrite the application in COBOL?

Thanks

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

R. Vince wrote:
> I'm been roped into a techical discussion next week as to whether our Java
> application can run on a "mainframe." (I know not what kind of "mainframe"
> or OS).
>
> Is this kind of thing even in the realm of possibility? Or should i tell
> them to rewrite the application in COBOL?

IBM have Java for z/OS.

Arne

Tom Hawtin

R. Vince wrote:
> I'm been roped into a techical discussion next week as to whether our Java
> application can run on a "mainframe." (I know not what kind of "mainframe"
> or OS).

Probably means an IBM machine...

IBM's implementation of Java is available in a variety of forms,
including for the Z-series.

http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserve...software/java/

Might be a good idea to find out what machine and OS you are expecting
it to run on before trying to discuss!

Tom Hawtin

Accessing mainframe DB2 in Java. zalek Java 9 03-25-2008 06:45 PM
Java, BA, QA, .net, Mainframe - consultants available. craig Java 0 01-09-2008 09:29 PM
Carrer advice : Java and Mainframe... Mirlitone Java 12 09-29-2005 06:12 PM
Java on a Mainframe? Barry Burd Java 7 12-02-2003 08:56 PM
Re: help with mainframe file John Bokma Perl 0 09-03-2003 04:23 PM

Advertisments