Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > wirelss networking problem

wirelss networking problem

=?Utf-8?B?anA=?=

My wireless networking on my laptop just stopped working...it was fine for
about a year.
I have a Netgear wg511t card and and a D-link di624 router.
The I get a good signal on the laptop card, however,I get a message of
"limited or no connectivity" in the wireless network connection status. In
the "Properties" window, the only tabs are "general" and "advanced". There is
no tab for "wireless networks". If I click on "view wireless networks, the
message that pops up is" windows cannot configure the wireless connection."
I started and stopped the WZC service. I also tried the ping command...seems
to be fine.
Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Again, my internet capability and filing sharing capability were fine at
6:30 am, but stopped working at about 9:00 am the same day.
Thanks,
jp

Carey Holzman

Have you tried using System Restore?

Carey

"jp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My wireless networking on my laptop just stopped working...it was fine for
> about a year.
> I have a Netgear wg511t card and and a D-link di624 router.
> The I get a good signal on the laptop card, however,I get a message of
> "limited or no connectivity" in the wireless network connection status. In
> the "Properties" window, the only tabs are "general" and "advanced". There
> is
> no tab for "wireless networks". If I click on "view wireless networks,
> the
> message that pops up is" windows cannot configure the wireless
> connection."
> I started and stopped the WZC service. I also tried the ping
> command...seems
> to be fine.
> Any ideas would be much appreciated.
> Again, my internet capability and filing sharing capability were fine at
> 6:30 am, but stopped working at about 9:00 am the same day.
> Thanks,
> jp

=?Utf-8?B?anA=?=

yes-I tried system restore, however, it wouldn't restore to an ealier date.

"Carey Holzman" wrote:

> Have you tried using System Restore?
>
> Carey
>
> "jp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > My wireless networking on my laptop just stopped working...it was fine for
> > about a year.
> > I have a Netgear wg511t card and and a D-link di624 router.
> > The I get a good signal on the laptop card, however,I get a message of
> > "limited or no connectivity" in the wireless network connection status. In
> > the "Properties" window, the only tabs are "general" and "advanced". There
> > is
> > no tab for "wireless networks". If I click on "view wireless networks,
> > the
> > message that pops up is" windows cannot configure the wireless
> > connection."
> > I started and stopped the WZC service. I also tried the ping
> > command...seems
> > to be fine.
> > Any ideas would be much appreciated.
> > Again, my internet capability and filing sharing capability were fine at
> > 6:30 am, but stopped working at about 9:00 am the same day.
> > Thanks,
> > jp

Carey Holzman

Have you tried reinstalling the driver for the wireless NIC?