Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How to avoid msgFilterRules.dat error message?

How to avoid msgFilterRules.dat error message?

Grandpa Chuck

Every time I go into one of the newsgroups I am subscribed to I get
the following message and I have to make a new filter all over again.
What is wrong and how do I keep this from happening.

Here then is the message:

"Your filters do not work because the msgFilterRules.dat file, which
contains you filters, could not be read.
A new msgFilterRules.dat file will be creted and a backup of the old
file, called rules backup.dat will be created in the same directory."

--

Grandpa Chuck
-τΏτ-

Grandpa Chuck

Sorry.
I should have worded the subject line do you knew it was a question.