Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Embed; Music stops when new window opens.

Embed; Music stops when new window opens.

AllYou!

I've used the embed tag to play a short mp3 clip when I open a page,
and if I manuall open another instance of IE, the music keeps playing
just fine.

That's what I want to happen when I also open another window from
JavaScript, but when I do that, the music stops. I don't want it to
stop. Help?

<head>
<script type="text/JavaScript"
src="styles_programs/p7popmenu.js"></script>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!--
var newwindow;
function poptastic(url)
{
newwindow=window.open(url,'Journey','height=591,wi dth=750');
}
// -->
</script>
</head>

<embed src="photos/AshokenFarewell01.mp3" autostart="True" loop="True"
width="2" height="0"></embed>

Neredbojias

On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 20:34:17 GMT AllYou! scribed:

> I've used the embed tag to play a short mp3 clip when I open a page,
> and if I manuall open another instance of IE, the music keeps playing
> just fine.
>
> That's what I want to happen when I also open another window from
> JavaScript, but when I do that, the music stops. I don't want it to
> stop. Help?

Why don't you check out the standards for "embed"? Oh wait, there are no
standards. <sigh>

--
Neredbojias

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=E9rard_Talbot?=

AllYou! wrote :

> I've used the embed tag to play a short mp3 clip when I open a page,

I don't understand what you're saying. Are you saying that you want to
automatically start an mp3 clip in your visitors' browser window as they
open your page?

> and if I manuall open another instance of IE, the music keeps playing
> just fine.
>
> That's what I want to happen

What about your visitors request? Is that a reasonable expectation for
your visitors?

when I also open another window from
> JavaScript, but when I do that, the music stops. I don't want it to
> stop. Help?

Can you first make your markup code use valid code? You'll find
appropriate help in section 2.2.4.1 of
Using Web Standards in your Web Pages
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs...your_Web_Pages

After that, can you just post an url?