Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Windows XP exam

Windows XP exam

Can anyone offer any advice as to how hard the Windows XP
exam is?

I heard that the pass mark is 75%.

I would like to know for example, do you need to know all
the switches for all the command line tools and do you
need to know how to do task on the server side as well as
the client?

Also, are the Sybex simulation questions close to the
real thing?

fygar

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 01:02:15 -0700,
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Can anyone offer any advice as to how hard the Windows XP
>exam is?
>
>I heard that the pass mark is 75%.
>
>I would like to know for example, do you need to know all
>the switches for all the command line tools and do you
>need to know how to do task on the server side as well as
>the client?
>
>Also, are the Sybex simulation questions close to the
>real thing?

You should know how to deploy XP using all of the available methods as
you will be questioned in depth on it. You should be able to analyze
problems with it and know especially how to fix permission problems
and to some extent Active Directory.

You should have at least a casual knowledge of the XP resource kit
documentation to honestly pass this test. XP is Microsoft's interface
to the end user and they want you to know how to fix it.

Butch

Rick

Deployment is very heavy I would also say know how ICS works and how to
trouble problems with and caused by ICS.
Review the Exam objective on the on the learning pages of the Microsoft
site. Really you can get the answers to all of you questions there. Also if
you are unsure of you skills get trancender test simulation for the exam as
they will show you if you are ready.

Rick

news:(E-Mail Removed)...