Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > How to configure 2 routers in failover

How to configure 2 routers in failover

gk99 gk99 is offline
Junior Member

We're opening a remote site that's going to have a Layer3 switch and 2 Cisco 2801 routers. Each router has 2 T1's going to 2 Cisco 2801 routers at the main location. How do I setup the routers at both locations in a failover mode, so that one of the routers acts as a primary and the second router is a backup?

On the other hand, if we do decide to run the routers in a redundant mode, how do I setup the 2 routers in each location, so that all 4 T1's are being utilized?