Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > QoS on some ports

QoS on some ports

Paweł Rutkowski

Hello,

Is anyone can show me how should look QoS setting to slow down
traffic to given speed on some desierd port like 4661 when there is traffic
on other port like 5060 ?

If traffic.port.5060 == 1 then
bandwidth.port.4661 <= 512kbps
else
bandwidth.port.4661 > 512kbps

I know how to use access list, but I don't know how to setup this QoS and
put it in queue.
Of course I use Cisco routers.

Thanks
Pawel Rutkowski

Thrill5

Configuring QoS is dependent on the platform you are using and what you are
trying to do sounds simple, but there are many different ways you can do
this. I think what you want to do is setup multiple classes where you want
to police traffic to port 4661 to 512k, but only if the line is congested.
You need to do some research on QoS to figure out what you really want.
Should traffic for port 4661 be policed if there is traffic to ports other
than 5060? Should the other traffic be rate-limited behind port 5060?

These links should help you get started.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk54...ocol_home.html
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...0fc.html#36550

Scott

news:ev5ec4$59k$(E-Mail Removed)...