Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > OT but fun from the ISA NG

OT but fun from the ISA NG

Rick

here is the post

<Snip>
Hi all

I cannot seem to get a Macintosh to surf the web from behind my ISA server.
I understand that it must be a SecureNAT client and that it is responsible
for it's own DNS resolution. I must be doing something wrong because the
browser is telling me that the "specified server could not be found"
whenever I try to surf to an external site.

I have specified a DNS server outside local network in the Mac's TCP/IP
properties (we have an internal DNS server that handles resolution for
internal clients), but from what I can see, ISA is not passing the request
through to the external DNS. Windows clients work fine.

Is there anything obvious I have done wrong here?

-Thanks

<END SNIP>

First clue you are trying to integrate a Mac into a windows network. Second
Clue SecureNat why not just set it up as a socks client. Maybe I should tell
him to come post here

RH

Anything wrong? Sure...you're screwing around with a
MAC!!!