Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > New Nvidia drivers for XP x64

New Nvidia drivers for XP x64

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=

Dated yesterday.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp64_97.94.html

--
Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro (i975X Express)
Core 2 Extreme X6800

Theo

Please note that this driver currently only supports GeForce
8800 series. If you need a driver for other NVIDIA GPUs,
please visit www.nvidia.com/drivers and select the driver
for your product.

Maratonmannen wrote:
> Dated yesterday.
>
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp64_97.94.html

Jud Hendrix

On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 06:38:23 -0400, Theo <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Please note that this driver currently only supports GeForce
>8800 series. If you need a driver for other NVIDIA GPUs,
>please visit www.nvidia.com/drivers and select the driver
>for your product.

guru3d.com has a 100.something beta version for XP64, which supports all
models. Note: it's BETA, so install at your own risk.

jud

Jim

On Apr 7, 2:57 am, Jud Hendrix <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> guru3d.com has a 100.something beta version for XP64, which supports all
> models. Note: it's BETA, so install at your own risk.

I'd call those publicly-relaeased nVidia 8800 drivers (at the nVidia
site) BETA too. I installed them in my x64 system with an MSI 8800GTX
card, and they system would not reboot into Windows on the first
try. It did make it into Windows on the second reboot, but I was then
required required me to rebuild my entire RAID array because of the
abnormal shutdown. I don't know whether anyone else will/has had
trouble with those drivers, but I wanted to warn you regarding my
experience.

Jim

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=

Did you remove the old oneĀ“s first in Add/Remove programs?

I had no problem at all with the new drivers. SATA/RAID 0 array and a
Gainward 8800GTX.
With nTune installed I also have NVMonitor for GPU temperature and GPU clock
settings.
3DMark06: 11853 (No OC:ing)

--

"Jim" wrote:

> On Apr 7, 2:57 am, Jud Hendrix <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > guru3d.com has a 100.something beta version for XP64, which supports all
> > models. Note: it's BETA, so install at your own risk.

> I'd call those publicly-relaeased nVidia 8800 drivers (at the nVidia
> site) BETA too. I installed them in my x64 system with an MSI 8800GTX
> card, and they system would not reboot into Windows on the first
> try. It did make it into Windows on the second reboot, but I was then
> required required me to rebuild my entire RAID array because of the
> abnormal shutdown. I don't know whether anyone else will/has had
> trouble with those drivers, but I wanted to warn you regarding my
> experience.
>
> Jim

Jud Hendrix

On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 09:48:02 -0700, Maratonmannen
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Did you remove the old one“s first in Add/Remove programs?
>
>I had no problem at all with the new drivers. SATA/RAID 0 array and a
>Gainward 8800GTX.
>With nTune installed I also have NVMonitor for GPU temperature and GPU clock
>settings.
>3DMark06: 11853 (No OC:ing)

They would install on my 6600, but not show video on booting. I remember
the late 99 would warn that they were only for the 8800's, but this one
didn't, and according to the info at guru3d, they are supposed to be for
other models too. Hmm, going to check it out a bit further tomorrow.

jud

Jim

On Apr 7, 11:48 am, Maratonmannen
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Did you remove the old one“s first in Add/Remove programs?

I did *not* remove the old drivers first. But, I have rarely had to
remove the old drivers first, going back almost fifteen years. I
guess I have gotten lazy, as it ususally works.

I was mostly wondering whether others had problems with those new
drivers?

Thanks for your comment.

Jim

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=

You should always read the Driver Installation Hints.

"Before installing new drivers make sure you uninstall all NVIDIA display
drivers from the Windows Control Panel. Browse to the Start Menu > Windows
Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and search for "NVIDIA Windows Display
Drivers" or "NVIDIA Display Drivers" and select remove."

http://www.nvidia.com/object/driver_...ion_hints.html

--
/Max
Stockholm -Sweden

"Jim" wrote:

> On Apr 7, 11:48 am, Maratonmannen
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Did you remove the old oneĀ“s first in Add/Remove programs?

> I did *not* remove the old drivers first. But, I have rarely had to
> remove the old drivers first, going back almost fifteen years. I
> guess I have gotten lazy, as it ususally works.
>
> I was mostly wondering whether others had problems with those new
> drivers?
>
> Thanks for your comment.
>
> Jim

John Barnes

You forgot the 30 other hints, like don't use a download manager, turn off
A/V, etc. etc.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...