Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Sipura SPA2000 ATA

Reply
Thread Tools

Sipura SPA2000 ATA

 
 
harrogate3
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-05-2007
Can anyone give me any advice how to get this damn thing to work?

I have accounts with voip.co.uk and Sipgate and it will not register
with either. I also have th X-Lite softphone for Sipgate which accepts
incoming calls perfectly (the softphone provided ready configured by
Sipgate) but a 'blank' X-Lite downloaded for the voip account
registers but will not accept or make calls.

I am running through a Belkin F5D7230-4 (V2) wireless router with
wired connections, onto a VirginMedia cable feed. The 'virtual server'
in the router is set to pass ports 5004-5061 (UDP) to the ATA IP
address - it will only permit one port allocation per IP address.

I have used the Sipgate set-up for their account but it still don't
work.

Any help gratefully received - before I hit the thing with a
sledgehammer!


--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Roger
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-05-2007

"harrogate3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:7_bRh.2047$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone give me any advice how to get this damn thing to work?
>
> I have accounts with voip.co.uk and Sipgate and it will not register
> with either. I also have th X-Lite softphone for Sipgate which accepts
> incoming calls perfectly (the softphone provided ready configured by
> Sipgate) but a 'blank' X-Lite downloaded for the voip account
> registers but will not accept or make calls.
>
> I am running through a Belkin F5D7230-4 (V2) wireless router with
> wired connections, onto a VirginMedia cable feed. The 'virtual server'
> in the router is set to pass ports 5004-5061 (UDP) to the ATA IP
> address - it will only permit one port allocation per IP address.
>
> I have used the Sipgate set-up for their account but it still don't
> work.
>
> Any help gratefully received - before I hit the thing with a
> sledgehammer!
>
>
> --
> Woody
>
> harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com
>
>

stupid question -
have you conifugrd a primary DNS on the system page? Either enter your ISP's
DNS servers or your router address if you havent and see what happens.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Brian A
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-05-2007
On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 20:22:53 GMT, "Roger" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>
>"harrogate3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:7_bRh.2047$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Can anyone give me any advice how to get this damn thing to work?
>>
>> I have accounts with voip.co.uk and Sipgate and it will not register
>> with either. I also have th X-Lite softphone for Sipgate which accepts
>> incoming calls perfectly (the softphone provided ready configured by
>> Sipgate) but a 'blank' X-Lite downloaded for the voip account
>> registers but will not accept or make calls.
>>
>> I am running through a Belkin F5D7230-4 (V2) wireless router with
>> wired connections, onto a VirginMedia cable feed. The 'virtual server'
>> in the router is set to pass ports 5004-5061 (UDP) to the ATA IP
>> address - it will only permit one port allocation per IP address.
>>
>> I have used the Sipgate set-up for their account but it still don't
>> work.
>>
>> Any help gratefully received - before I hit the thing with a
>> sledgehammer!
>>
>>
>> --
>> Woody
>>
>> harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com
>>
>>

>stupid question -
>have you conifugrd a primary DNS on the system page? Either enter your ISP's
>DNS servers or your router address if you havent and see what happens.

If, as Roger says, you haven't set up your Primary DNS etc. ....this
is what I do:-
Set DHCP: no
Static IP: set to one of your choice within the subset range allowed
by your router.
Gateway and Primary DNS can both be set to your router IP.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
 
Reply With Quote
 
harrogate3
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-06-2007

"Brian A" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 20:22:53 GMT, "Roger" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >
> >"harrogate3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:7_bRh.2047$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Can anyone give me any advice how to get this damn thing to work?
> >>
> >> I have accounts with voip.co.uk and Sipgate and it will not

register
> >> with either. I also have th X-Lite softphone for Sipgate which

accepts
> >> incoming calls perfectly (the softphone provided ready configured

by
> >> Sipgate) but a 'blank' X-Lite downloaded for the voip account
> >> registers but will not accept or make calls.
> >>
> >> I am running through a Belkin F5D7230-4 (V2) wireless router with
> >> wired connections, onto a VirginMedia cable feed. The 'virtual

server'
> >> in the router is set to pass ports 5004-5061 (UDP) to the ATA IP
> >> address - it will only permit one port allocation per IP address.
> >>
> >> I have used the Sipgate set-up for their account but it still

don't
> >> work.
> >>
> >> Any help gratefully received - before I hit the thing with a
> >> sledgehammer!
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >> Woody
> >>
> >> harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com
> >>
> >>

> >stupid question -
> >have you conifugrd a primary DNS on the system page? Either enter

your ISP's
> >DNS servers or your router address if you havent and see what

happens.
> If, as Roger says, you haven't set up your Primary DNS etc. ....this
> is what I do:-
> Set DHCP: no
> Static IP: set to one of your choice within the subset range allowed
> by your router.
> Gateway and Primary DNS can both be set to your router IP.
>
> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
>


Thanks Gents. I hadn't set the Primary DNS, but I have now and it
still makes no difference, with or without DHCP active.


--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com


 
Reply With Quote
 
Brian A
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-06-2007

>
>Thanks Gents. I hadn't set the Primary DNS, but I have now and it
>still makes no difference, with or without DHCP active.

Does this mean you have solved your problem or not?

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
 
Reply With Quote
 
harrogate3
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-06-2007

"Brian A" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> >
> >Thanks Gents. I hadn't set the Primary DNS, but I have now and it
> >still makes no difference, with or without DHCP active.

> Does this mean you have solved your problem or not?
>
> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
>


No, still trying...........................................!


--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com


 
Reply With Quote
 
Brian A
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-06-2007
On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 20:02:52 GMT, "harrogate3"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>
>"Brian A" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>
>> >
>> >Thanks Gents. I hadn't set the Primary DNS, but I have now and it
>> >still makes no difference, with or without DHCP active.

>> Does this mean you have solved your problem or not?
>>
>> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
>>

>
>No, still trying...........................................!

OK. I'd set the DMZ, in your router, to point to the fixed IP address
of your ATA. That way you are sure that any ports you want ot use are
open. Make sure your IPs are set up as I described in an earlier post.
Try that and report back. Also do give time for registration to occur.
Work on voip.co.uk, that is most likely to be reliable.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
 
Reply With Quote
 
harrogate3
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-07-2007

"Brian A" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 20:02:52 GMT, "harrogate3"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >
> >"Brian A" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >>
> >> >
> >> >Thanks Gents. I hadn't set the Primary DNS, but I have now and

it
> >> >still makes no difference, with or without DHCP active.
> >> Does this mean you have solved your problem or not?
> >>
> >> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
> >>

> >
> >No, still trying...........................................!

> OK. I'd set the DMZ, in your router, to point to the fixed IP

address
> of your ATA. That way you are sure that any ports you want ot use

are
> open. Make sure your IPs are set up as I described in an earlier

post.
> Try that and report back. Also do give time for registration to

occur.
> Work on voip.co.uk, that is most likely to be reliable.
>
> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
>


Tnx for that Brian, but I had already tried DMZ with no joy.

I suspect my ISP may be the problem. Looking at the router firewall
log files it is showing "Blocked by DoS 10.120.16.1" although it does
not say if that is incoming or outgoing - I assume the former. If that
is the case then it looks as though my days of using voip are
numbered.

Having said that it puzzles me that the X-Lite softphone provided by
Sipgate will work with incoming calls without problem, and the X-Lite
will register correctly whether I use it withSipgate or voip.c.uk - it
just doesn't work with calls at all with voip (I don't (yet) have
outgoing capability with Sipgate to be able to test it.)


--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com


 
Reply With Quote
 
Duncan MacCallum
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-07-2007
harrogate3 wrote:


>
> I suspect my ISP may be the problem. Looking at the router firewall
> log files it is showing "Blocked by DoS 10.120.16.1" although it does
> not say if that is incoming or outgoing - I assume the former. If that
> is the case then it looks as though my days of using voip are
> numbered.


Assuming your ISP is Virgin media (email add) I use voip.co.uk via VM
and no problems.
Not wishing to sound hard but hope your problem is restricted to your
setup...
Cheers

 
Reply With Quote
 
acierinox
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-07-2007
On Apr 5, 8:20 pm, "harrogate3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Can anyone give me any advice how to get this damn thing to work?
>
> --
> Woody


Have you entered the 'Cloned MAC Address' of you NIC card? I had to
do this to get VM to work with my SPA 2102.

Router > WAN Setup > Enable MAC Clone Service > Yes
Router > WAN Setup > Cloned MAC Address > [the Physical Address of
your NIC card without the dashes]

To find the latter in Win XP and 2k, Start > Run > cmd > ipconfig /all



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone used SPA2000 with Draytel tony p UK VOIP 0 04-07-2006 05:17 PM
Sipura ATA trouble or Sipgate problem? Rob UK VOIP 2 02-25-2006 12:19 AM
Problem setting up SPA2000 & Draytel the hamiltons UK VOIP 4 02-22-2006 01:09 PM
How to reset SPA2000 without a phone Christen Fihl VOIP 1 01-22-2005 01:01 AM
ATA 486 Grandstream or SIPURA 2000? Trachi VOIP 0 11-04-2004 07:23 AM



Advertisments