Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Women in IT

Women in IT

Neil

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1cb4401c4533e$68171f00
$(E-Mail Removed):

> so your saying you are trying to sleep your way to the top.

I'm at the top. I'm just sleeping...

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Sandworm

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1cb1a01c45339$a1d3a560
$(E-Mail Removed):

> good for you...keep sending out loads of apps haha
> you may as well accept a help desk job..then again you
> sound too old for that too.

It's amazing that you seem to know what I sound like as we have no audio
connection here. But no, I'm not old, just a well thought out and
written individual. Do language skills frighten you? The fact that I've
had to put my plans to get into the IT industry on hold have nothing to
do with my intelligence, and frankly it's none of your business, but it's
called being a responsible and attentive parent and placing my family's
needs ahead of mine. So get over yourself 'Little Miss Superiority', I
have paid my own way all along, and I enjoy it that way.

> I'm not frustrated at
> all ..just surprised how insecure people can be
> just because there are girls in the industry who are above
> them. What's with all this anger? All I am saying is get
> with the times..don't be so sexist.

Just so you'll note, this string was started by an someone that was
simply trying to get a rise out of someone such as yourself. A woman
that is insecure and angry that she's in a mostly male dominated
industry. Frankly I don't care what your gender is you have no bearing
on my life or my future. I've worked with women in pretty much every job
I've ever had and never been frightened or angry with any of them, unless
they were being a pain in the a$$ but that goes for the men I've worked
with as well.

> If you read the history on this discussion its the guys
> that are doing the 'ripping'. There are no real men on
> this forum who are not insecure. Not one guy has said hey
> guys..grow up.

Perhaps this is because we all realize what a silly string it is in the
first place so we were joking with the women that we do know that post in
here frequently and actually do have a sense of humor regarding this
subject. Just ferment that thought for a bit. Perhaps soon you'll have
a Foster's (Australian for pi$$).

> I have worked with all guys for years and
> they have never been so intimitated that I was a girl
> doing the same job as them.

Again, this is a cultural difference between the men in America and the
men in Australia, it's no fault of mine that the males that surround you
are insecure and feel intimidated by you. Personally I prefer women who
are intelligent and not so insecure that they jump up screaming
'CHAUVANIST' everytime they hear what was obviously a joke, as you have
been doing for roughly 4 to 5 days now.

> we have worled together as a
> team. After all we are all trying to make a living here.

I'm happy you've all 'worled' together, whatever the hell that is (the k
is the next key over). Perhaps it's a sign of the quality of your work
that you are not a touch typist at this point. I mean shouldn't you know
your way around the keyboard you've been working at for, presumably,
sometime.

So the point is don't get so worked up over a string that was obviously
originally intended to land a fish such as yourself.

And the beauty is it took me only a few seconds to respond to you and I
have not wasted any productive time from my business day.

Ish Moi Koi Tovarish,
Sandworm
MCNGP #00100001

Sandworm

Neil <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Xns9509D7CDDAB7Bneilmcsehotmailcom@207.46.248 .16:

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1cb4401c4533e$68171f00
> $(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> so your saying you are trying to sleep your way to the top.

> I'm at the top. I'm just sleeping...

Now wait a minute there Neil, why shouldn't a man be allowed to do what
women have been doing for years and use their body to get ahead. You go
ahead and fling that thing around where ever you want.....then when your on
top remember the little people like the Lilliputins.

Sandworm

Neil

Sandworm <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> called being a responsible and attentive parent and placing my family's
> needs ahead of mine.

*applauding*

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Neil

Sandworm <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:OM35$(E-Mail Removed):

> Now wait a minute there Neil, why shouldn't a man be allowed to do
> what women have been doing for years and use their body to get ahead.
> You go ahead and fling that thing around where ever you want.....then
> when your on top remember the little people like the Lilliputins.

sounds like just plain fun to me. I think that's the problem, guys would
enjoy that too much. Somehow, there is this attitude that sleeping your
way to the top should be unpleasant...wait...there are a couple of
ancient oak trees disguised as women at work....*SHUDDER*...ok maybe not
pleasant after all...glad I'm at the position where I don't need to sleep
my why further up...

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Sandworm

Neil <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Xns9509DA886A6ADneilmcsehotmailcom@207.46.248 .16:

> *applauding*

Thanks, though frankly I'm just tired of hearing her whimpering. Christ
she doesn't even realize that she's the one who's kept this string alive
for the last 4 days?

Though I do admit she gave me the opportunity for a few good one's.

Have a good one tonight Neil.

Sandworm

Sandworm

Neil <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Xns9509DBF8B6E00neilmcsehotmailcom@207.46.248 .16:

> sounds like just plain fun to me. I think that's the problem, guys
> would enjoy that too much. Somehow, there is this attitude that
> sleeping your way to the top should be unpleasant...wait...there are a
> couple of ancient oak trees disguised as women at
> work....*SHUDDER*...ok maybe not pleasant after all...glad I'm at the
> position where I don't need to sleep my why further up...

LMAO, you know I don't think I've ever seen a female 'Treebeard' before,
but I have seen a few 'Pat's' in my time. But thanks for the imagery!

Sandworm
MCNGP #00100001

Neil

Sandworm <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:u#ed#(E-Mail Removed):

> Pat's

we've got one at work that would make him/her a beauty contestant.

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Neil

Sandworm <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> who's kept this string alive
> for the last 4 days?

nope, we were involved too. but maybe that was her drift.

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Kat

> > Pat's

> we've got one at work that would make him/her a beauty contestant.
>
> --
> Neil MCNGP #30

At my place of employment I'm fortunate enough to deal with only the most
coveted of the species- a blonde, blue eyed bomb shell, a hot russian chick,
and myself.

I'm quite positive there are several of the less fortunate beings that you
speak of among the lusers, but they are no longer worthy of my presence.
*I* am MCNGP. I do not deal with underlings or the less fortunately endowed.

Now away with you

Kat

[OT] [media] The real reason some women aren't interested in IT T-Bone MCSE 0 11-17-2004 03:43 PM
OT: Men & Women BratŪ MCSE 22 07-02-2004 08:08 PM
Women AND IT theseeker MCSD 68 12-04-2003 06:15 PM

Advertisments