Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Study options

Study options

Fred

Hello:
I have 6 years experience in window NT and 2k. I passed 5 exams on the NT
track, and Win2k PRO. Now, I'd like to start with my MCSA in Windows 2003.
Looking at what book(s) to buy, looks like the best one is Mark Minasi
Windows 2003 Server. I need your opinions, is this a good book to use for
certification exams? or after reading these book I will need a different
book to focus on the exam?
I know Minasi will teach me 2003 very well, but will help me pass the tests?
Thank you

Jose Samuel

It would....but reading the whole book even once would take time. Minasi is
definitely one of the best practical references I've come across.

a better option would be to take a test wise approach...buy books for each
test & study that.

good luck
Jose

"Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:AmIxc.1667$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello:
> I have 6 years experience in window NT and 2k. I passed 5 exams on the NT
> track, and Win2k PRO. Now, I'd like to start with my MCSA in Windows 2003.
> Looking at what book(s) to buy, looks like the best one is Mark Minasi
> Windows 2003 Server. I need your opinions, is this a good book to use for
> certification exams? or after reading these book I will need a different
> book to focus on the exam?
> I know Minasi will teach me 2003 very well, but will help me pass the

tests?
> Thank you

Fred

Thank you Jose for the response.
I think you're right. I went to my local book store and the book is huge. It
will take me 6 months read the whole thing (I don't have too much free time
to read, maybe 1 hr a day, not may weekends). I liked it , but it's not
going to be easy to read the whole book and then read a study guide.
I will buy separated books and go one step at the time.
Thanks.

news:uLZcN%(E-Mail Removed)...
:
[...]
: >