Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Migration from 1.1 to 2.0.

Migration from 1.1 to 2.0.

=?Utf-8?B?U2FtdWVsIEJlcm5hcmQ=?=

Hello,

I start with a project of migration of our Web application from 1.1 to 2.0.
Currently we have a deployment tool which load the Web site assembly in
order to access methodes containing in each WebForm.
In asp.net 2.0 each page is built into it own assembly. So I have to change
the way we access the pages now.
I will appreciate any help.
tia
Samuel

Mark Fitzpatrick

If you're using VS 2005 you don't have to have each page compiled into their
own dll. This behavior comes with the VS 2005 Web Site project. This project
wasn't very well liked so the Web Application Project was released as an
add-on and is now part of the VS 2005 Service Pack 1. The Web Application
Project works very similar to the VS.Net and VS 2003 Web Application Project
and will compile all your pages into a single dll file.

--
Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick

"Samuel Bernard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I start with a project of migration of our Web application from 1.1 to
> 2.0.
> Currently we have a deployment tool which load the Web site assembly in
> order to access methodes containing in each WebForm.
> In asp.net 2.0 each page is built into it own assembly. So I have to
> change
> the way we access the pages now.
> I will appreciate any help.
> tia
> Samuel

=?Utf-8?B?U2FtdWVsIEJlcm5hcmQ=?=

Hello Mark,

Firstly thank you for your answer.
I'm working with the evaluation version of VS 2005 Team Suite without SP1.
I'll now take a look at the difference between VS Web Site Project and VS
Web Application Project and will download the SP1.
Have you some good links about it?

tia
Samuel Bernard