Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > doubt.....

doubt.....

Michael D. Alligood

news:e$(E-Mail Removed):

> Michael D. Alligood wrote:
> > I am not following your question, so I hope my answer applies:
> >
> > It is worth what *YOU* make it worth. If you just study braindump
> > questions to learn how to pass the exams; then no, it is not worth it.
> > You just spent all that time and money to earn a sheet of paper.
> >
> > However if you truly are interested in this; you will find many ways to
> > make useful and worthwhile. It is what you make of it... Certifications
> > are never an end point to learning...
> >
> > --
> >
> > Michael D. Alligood
> > MCSA, MCDST, MCP,
> > A+, Network+, i-Net+,
> >
> > The Classroom Blog
> >
> > CertGuard Member
> > The Stronghold for Excellence in I.T. Certification
> > www.CertGuard.com
> >

> Do you approach everything you do with the same disregard for rules and
> conventions that you demonstrate in your newsgroup postings, Michael?
>
> Forgetting for the moment the MCP (*snicker*) thing, Usenet etiquette
> requires:
>
> a] Bottom posting for linear reading.
>
> 2] .sigs under four lines total, including whitespace. I count 10 in
> yours, and there would be 11 if the link to your blog wasn't missing.
>
> I don't think I would trust you with my equipment, you might just decide
> that it would be ok to use a crossover cable in all connections or set a
> hard drive to "master" when it should be "slave". After all, what
> difference do these little 'rules' make anyway, hmmm?
>
> --
> JaR
> Providing gentle direction
> Remove hat to reply

I am not sure... Still too wordy?

Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
http://www.yetanotherblog.typepad.com/theclassroom
CertGuard - The Stronghold for Excellence in I.T. Certification
http://www.certguard.com

Cerebrus

On Apr 5, 8:48 pm, "CBIC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I agree. One should always bottom post.

You benthic organism, you !

CBIC

"Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I am not sure... Still too wordy?
>
> Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
> http://www.yetanotherblog.typepad.com/theclassroom
> CertGuard - The Stronghold for Excellence in I.T. Certification
> http://www.certguard.com

Better but still a short novel although it does fit in 4 lines

CBIC

"Cerebrus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> On Apr 5, 8:48 pm, "CBIC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I agree. One should always bottom post.

> You benthic organism, you !

Good word. I had to use a dictionary.

JaR

CBIC wrote:
> "Cerebrus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
>> On Apr 5, 8:48 pm, "CBIC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> I agree. One should always bottom post.

>> You benthic organism, you !
>>

> Good word. I had to use a dictionary.

Doom sunk?

--
JaR
Whale poo

FrisbeeŽ

"Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

<snipperoo>

> I am not sure... Still too wordy?
>
> Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
> http://www.yetanotherblog.typepad.co...ssroom?wp_ml=0
> CertGuard - The Stronghold for Excellence in I.T. Certification
> http://www.certguard.com?wp_ml=0

You might want to consider snippage as well.

JaR

Michael D. Alligood wrote:

> I am not sure... Still too wordy?
>
> Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
> http://www.yetanotherblog.typepad.com/theclassroom
> CertGuard - The Stronghold for Excellence in I.T. Certification
> http://www.certguard.com

Except for failing to snip & the double dash with trailing
space...Nearly perfect

--
JaR
And whattaya mean, Usenet etiquette from ME???

TBone

And on the eigth day Kline Sphere <.@> did cause the electrons to come
together and form the following words:

> not surprised, it's in some kind of code.

"Its a countdown..."

"They're using our own satellites against us!"

-------

T-Bone
MCNGP XL

catwalker63

Michael D. Alligood piffled away vaguely:

> I am not following your question, so I hope my answer applies:
>
> It is worth what *YOU* make it worth. If you just study braindump
> questions to learn how to pass the exams; then no, it is not worth it.
> You just spent all that time and money to earn a sheet of paper.
>
> However if you truly are interested in this; you will find many ways to
> make useful and worthwhile. It is what you make of it... Certifications
> are never an end point to learning...

I agree up to a point. The problem with the "worthiness" of the MCSE is
in the perception of prospective employers. It doesn't have the respect
those who really worked for it deserved simply because so many have not
and have demonstrated their idiocy so spectacularly.

In addition, in order to obtain the cert you have to learn all sorts of
useless information, like how to make server a router. I have my MCSE
but if I had it to do over again, I'd skip it. I'd read the important
part of books that explain how (and where) to use Windows in the real
world and supplement with studying linux, cisco, and other
technologies that smart companies really use to accomplish routing,
webservices, etc. In fact, that's what I do now.

So, yeah, learning has great value. It just should be directed at
learning things that will prove valuable to you down the road.
--

Catwalker
MCNGP #43

Michael D. Alligood