Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > mapping of XML types to C/C++ built-in types

mapping of XML types to C/C++ built-in types

Alona

Hello,

Does W3C defines a standard for mapping XML types to C/C++ built-in
types and vise versa?

Thank you,
Alona

Boris Kolpackov

Hi Alona,

"Alona" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Does W3C defines a standard for mapping XML types to C/C++ built-in
> types and vise versa?

I don't think there is such a thing as XML type. Schema languages
(e.g., W3C XML Schema) normally define primitive types. Some of them
can be mapped to C/C++ fundamental types but I don't think W3C defines
such a mapping. One proprietary mapping of XML Schema built-in types
to C++ types is described in this document:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/project...ee/manual/#2.5

hth,
-boris

--
Boris Kolpackov
Code Synthesis Tools CC

usenet@tech-know-ware.com

"Alona" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Does W3C defines a standard for mapping XML types to C/C++ built-in
> types and vise versa?

FWIW, you can see our schema to C++ type mappings at:

http://www.tech-know-ware.com/lmx/lm...fitsofUsingLMX

HTH,

Pete.
Pete Cordell