Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Cannot see one of the computers on the network group

Cannot see one of the computers on the network group

=?Utf-8?B?Q2Fs?=

computers, A, B, C (a Laptop), and D (another Laptop). A is wired to a
wireless router and connected to a printer. Since last week, I found out
that while A, B, and C can see each other on the network group, and access
each other’s shared files, D, the laptop, is not visible in the network group
and A, B and C therefore cannot see D’s shared files.

D can still access the internet through the router connected to A

I have checked the configuration on D (Win XP Home), and cannot find
anything wrong with it. Firewall has been disabled.

Wireless diagnostic tool on D identified the problem with the wireless card
as follows:

IPAddress = 192.168.0.100 (FAILED)
Pinging 192.168.0.100 with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Ping statistics for 192.168.0.100:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss)

Both B, and C have wireless network cards and have no problems.

From the event viewer error of computers B, and C. I got the following error
message:

“The master browser as received a server announcement from the computer D
that believes that it is the master browser for the domain transport
NetBt_Tcip [ E2A4A233-44ED-44A0-98. The master browser is stopped or an
election is being forced.”

Can someone tell me whether it is a hardware (wireless card) problem or
configuration problem.

Doug Simar

Did you make sure that your in the same subnet and ip address range and your
Workgroup Name is the same on all machines. Also if you don't have a server
and have windows xp there are permission issues to content with in which
your'll have to have the same user/passwords on every machine to
authenticate.

Doug

"Cal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> computers, A, B, C (a Laptop), and D (another Laptop). A is wired to a
> wireless router and connected to a printer. Since last week, I found out
> that while A, B, and C can see each other on the network group, and access
> each other's shared files, D, the laptop, is not visible in the network
> group
> and A, B and C therefore cannot see D's shared files.
>
> D can still access the internet through the router connected to A
>
> I have checked the configuration on D (Win XP Home), and cannot find
> anything wrong with it. Firewall has been disabled.
>
> Wireless diagnostic tool on D identified the problem with the wireless
> card
> as follows:
>
> IPAddress = 192.168.0.100 (FAILED)
> Pinging 192.168.0.100 with 32 bytes of data:
> Request timed out.
> Request timed out.
> Request timed out.
> Request timed out.
> Ping statistics for 192.168.0.100:
> Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss)
>

> Both B, and C have wireless network cards and have no problems.
>
> From the event viewer error of computers B, and C. I got the following
> error
> message:
>
> "The master browser as received a server announcement from the computer D
> that believes that it is the master browser for the domain transport
> NetBt_Tcip [ E2A4A233-44ED-44A0-98. The master browser is stopped or an
> election is being forced."
>

> Can someone tell me whether it is a hardware (wireless card) problem or
> configuration problem.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Quote: "D can still access the internet through the router connected to A".
Is that means that D is Not going directly to the Router? If so it needs
special Bridging configuration with its Host.
In general, successful Sharing involves some general consideration in
Network settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
allowed to be shared.
Vista File and Printer Sharing-
Basic XP -