Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > I need to know which books are best for studying!

I need to know which books are best for studying!

WORD?

I was going to pick up the MS Press books but it looks as
though on Amazon.com it didn't get rave reviews. Can
someone recommend me books that I can learn the
material? Thanks!

Robert Boesen

What is it you want to study?

"WORD?" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:17d9401c449cd$0720cd10$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I was going to pick up the MS Press books but it looks as
> though on Amazon.com it didn't get rave reviews. Can
> someone recommend me books that I can learn the
> material? Thanks!

Andy Foster

"WORD?" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:17d9401c449cd$0720cd10$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I was going to pick up the MS Press books but it looks as
> though on Amazon.com it didn't get rave reviews. Can
> someone recommend me books that I can learn the
> material? Thanks!

Yellow books

Neil

"WORD?" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:17d9401c449cd
$0720cd10$(E-Mail Removed):

> I was going to pick up the MS Press books but it looks as
> though on Amazon.com it didn't get rave reviews. Can
> someone recommend me books that I can learn the
> material? Thanks!

as Robert indicates this somewhat depends on exam you want to take. I
like (on a genereal basis) the Sybex books.

--
Neil MCNGP #30

TechGeekPro

"Robert Boesen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> What is it you want to study?

Hmmm, lets analyze this.

Uh... this is an MCSE newsgroup, isn't it? Maybe, just maybe, he's studying
for the, oh, I don't know, THE MCSE!!! Duh!

Your sarcasm skills need some refining man.

> "WORD?" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:17d9401c449cd$0720cd10$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I was going to pick up the MS Press books but it looks as
> > though on Amazon.com it didn't get rave reviews. Can
> > someone recommend me books that I can learn the
> > material? Thanks!

TechGeekPro

Whichever one you can get for the cheapest price on www.half.com.

"WORD?" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:17d9401c449cd$0720cd10$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I was going to pick up the MS Press books but it looks as
> though on Amazon.com it didn't get rave reviews. Can
> someone recommend me books that I can learn the
> material? Thanks!

Andy Foster

"TechGeekPro" <%username%@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Robert Boesen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> > What is it you want to study?

> Hmmm, lets analyze this.
>
> Uh... this is an MCSE newsgroup, isn't it? Maybe, just maybe, he's

studying
> for the, oh, I don't know, THE MCSE!!! Duh!
>
> Your sarcasm skills need some refining man.

THE MCSE? Implies that there is only one.
MSPress are good for some exams, Sybex better for others, etc.
Based on the level of detail in the OP's post, I would guess that the yellow
books would be most helpful.

Brat

not necessarily... we have had people come in here recently asking about
Word and Excel... though one would assume he is talking about MCSE, you know
what they say about assume...

--
Sue MCNGP #69
Proud member since April 8, 2002
"TechGeekPro" <%username%@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Robert Boesen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> > What is it you want to study?

> Hmmm, lets analyze this.
>
> Uh... this is an MCSE newsgroup, isn't it? Maybe, just maybe, he's

studying
> for the, oh, I don't know, THE MCSE!!! Duh!
>
> Your sarcasm skills need some refining man.
>
> > "WORD?" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:17d9401c449cd$0720cd10$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I was going to pick up the MS Press books but it looks as
> > > though on Amazon.com it didn't get rave reviews. Can
> > > someone recommend me books that I can learn the
> > > material? Thanks!

TechGeekPro

"Andy Foster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "TechGeekPro" <%username%@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > "Robert Boesen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > What is it you want to study?

> > Hmmm, lets analyze this.
> >
> > Uh... this is an MCSE newsgroup, isn't it? Maybe, just maybe, he's

> studying
> > for the, oh, I don't know, THE MCSE!!! Duh!
> >
> > Your sarcasm skills need some refining man.
> >

> THE MCSE? Implies that there is only one.
> MSPress are good for some exams, Sybex better for others, etc.
> Based on the level of detail in the OP's post, I would guess that the

yellow
> books would be most helpful.

I've always used the red ones.

TechGeekPro

True. But wouldn't that be in direct violation of the rule:

"Relevance to Topics: Please make sure that your postings in newsgroups and
chats are relevant to the subject at hand. It is normal for some topics to
drift from the stated subject. However, to ensure maximum benefit for
everyone, we encourage you to keep your postings as close to the subject as
possible."

Surely he wouldn't do *that*, would he?

"Brat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news%Zvc.53286$(E-Mail Removed)...
> not necessarily... we have had people come in here recently asking about
> Word and Excel... though one would assume he is talking about MCSE, you

know
> what they say about assume...
>
> --
> Sue MCNGP #69
> Proud member since April 8, 2002
> "TechGeekPro" <%username%@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > "Robert Boesen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > What is it you want to study?

> > Hmmm, lets analyze this.
> >
> > Uh... this is an MCSE newsgroup, isn't it? Maybe, just maybe, he's

> studying
> > for the, oh, I don't know, THE MCSE!!! Duh!
> >
> > Your sarcasm skills need some refining man.
> >
> > > "WORD?" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:17d9401c449cd$0720cd10$(E-Mail Removed)...

Design Patterns Books and Best Practices Books. Luis Esteban Valencia ASP .Net 4 07-01-2005 07:29 AM
Books, Books, Books... C++ 3 09-19-2004 10:11 PM
Need to know which books are best for MCSE Win 2k3 Server WORD? MCSE 1 06-07-2004 10:01 PM