Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Adding references to dlls in an ASP.net site

Adding references to dlls in an ASP.net site

waldo

Hi there,

I'm trying to create an ASP site in Visual Studio 2005 that needs to
include some dlls that I have already written. The problem is that
when I add a reference to a certain dll, i get "The specified module
could not be found (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)" when i try to
build. I am not sure which dll is causing it because one of them (a c#
dll) references the other (a c++ dll), but the error message displays
after adding a ref. to either of them, (my guess is it's the C++ one)

I have previously gone down the path of signing these dlls and putting
them into the GAC, but i was lead to believe by this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;306149 that it
is a bad practice to do so.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... I have looked at the other
articles in this forum that make reference to dlls/GAC etc, to no
avail... Thanks

Latish Sehgal

Is it possible that your dlls are dependent on other dlls for their
functionality? That happened to me once.
You can examine the dlls with DependencyWalker - http://www.dependencywalker.com/
to find this out.
Hope this helps.
Latish

Adding dlls to VS 2008 Mr. X. ASP .Net 4 01-20-2009 04:08 PM
ASP Web site references to dlls fatica ASP .Net 1 01-05-2006 07:29 PM
ASP.NET 2.0 References and compiled DLLs changes =?Utf-8?B?V2ViTWF0cml4?= ASP .Net 2 12-09-2005 09:38 PM
Where does the list of DLLs in Add References come from? Bob ASP .Net 2 05-14-2004 09:42 AM

Advertisments