Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > decompiling c++ programs

decompiling c++ programs

davy.zou@brentwood.bc.ca

I am looking for a way to decompile a program written by C++, or a
decompiler.
why?
because it would FUN!

Thanks
Davy

also, any one got any ideas on how to keep track of where is post is?
because the filing system on this forum is a down right pain, when so
many people post "c++ help" messages the search function becomes
obsolete.

Ian Collins

> I am looking for a way to decompile a program written by C++, or a
> decompiler.

You won't find one!

--
Ian Collins.

=?iso-8859-1?q?Erik_Wikstr=F6m?=

On 3 Apr, 09:51, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I am looking for a way to decompile a program written by C++, or a
> decompiler.
> why?
> because it would FUN!
>
> Thanks
> Davy
>
> also, any one got any ideas on how to keep track of where is post is?
> because the filing system on this forum is a down right pain, when so
> many people post "c++ help" messages the search function becomes
> obsolete.

It's not a forum, it's a usenet newsgroup. Get a decent news-reader
and things get better. But if you're like me forced to use the google
interface you can always try searching for your mail-address to find
your own threads quickly.

--
Erik Wikström

shadowman

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I am looking for a way to decompile a program written by C++, or a
> decompiler.
> why?
> because it would FUN!

This is an FAQ

> also, any one got any ideas on how to keep track of where is post is?
> because the filing system on this forum is a down right pain, when so
> many people post "c++ help" messages the search function becomes
> obsolete.

Get a better newsreader?

davy.zou@brentwood.bc.ca

On Apr 3, 4:16 am, Ian Collins <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > I am looking for a way to decompile a program written by C++, or a
> > decompiler.

> You won't find one!
>
> --
> Ian Collins.

what? no decompiler or no way to decompile a program?

davy.zou@brentwood.bc.ca

On Apr 3, 6:08 am, "Erik Wikström" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 3 Apr, 09:51, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > I am looking for a way to decompile a program written by C++, or a
> > decompiler.
> > why?
> > because it would FUN!

> > Thanks
> > Davy

> > also, any one got any ideas on how to keep track of where is post is?
> > because the filing system on this forum is a down right pain, when so
> > many people post "c++ help" messages the search function becomes
> > obsolete.

> It's not a forum, it's a usenet newsgroup. Get a decent news-reader
> and things get better. But if you're like me forced to use the google
> interface you can always try searching for your mail-address to find
> your own threads quickly.
>
> --
> Erik Wikström

newsreader? I am not famailiar with that thing?

Ian Collins

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Apr 3, 4:16 am, Ian Collins <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>>>I am looking for a way to decompile a program written by C++, or a
>>>decompiler.

>>You won't find one!

*Please* don't quote signatures.

> what? no decompiler or no way to decompile a program?

Decompile to what? The structure of an optimised binary often bears
little resemblance to C source, let alone C++.

--
Ian Collins.

Default User

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> newsreader? I am not famailiar with that thing?

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_news_clients>

Brian