Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Unable to get wireless communications to work

Unable to get wireless communications to work

=?Utf-8?B?S0Nhdg==?=

Have notebook equipped with MiniPCI wireless network card. The card has both
802.11 g and bluetooth capabilities. The status of the 802.11 g connection
is Sent 917, Received 17, MPS 1.0. I have never been able to get Blue tooth
to work. After lengthy discussions with manufacturer the decission was
return the card, an maybe that is not the right decission, but even so I
can't uninstall it.

When I remove the card the notebook will not boot. When I disable wireless
in the BIOS Device Manager sees the card. When I uninstalled the card in
Device Manager and inserted an 80.11 g PC Wireless Adapter in the PCMCIA slot
the adapter was discovered, but when I specify the location of the install
routine, instead of running the install routine I get an eror message saying
the Network Controller can not found.

Although the problem with the card is probably not caused by Windows I
should be able to disable the card or run a network card in the PCMCIA slot
with it enabled, and the crazy thing is two days ago I did. I inserted the a
2wire 802.11 PC Wireless Wireless Adapter in this notebook and it ran
beautifully. Then I tried to get A Bluetooth dongel to work and deleted some
software. I could not get Bluetooth to work and now I can't get WiFi to work
either.

When I insert the Wireless adapter in the PCMCIA slot the device is
discovere though it does say USB device. When I specifiy the location of the
driver it says Network Controller can not be found. Can someone help me.

--
KC

=?Utf-8?B?S0Nhdg==?=

I can't get any help around here!

--
KC

"KCav" wrote:

> Have notebook equipped with MiniPCI wireless network card. The card has both
> 802.11 g and bluetooth capabilities. The status of the 802.11 g connection
> is Sent 917, Received 17, MPS 1.0. I have never been able to get Blue tooth
> to work. After lengthy discussions with manufacturer the decission was
> return the card, an maybe that is not the right decission, but even so I
> can't uninstall it.
>
> When I remove the card the notebook will not boot. When I disable wireless
> in the BIOS Device Manager sees the card. When I uninstalled the card in
> Device Manager and inserted an 80.11 g PC Wireless Adapter in the PCMCIA slot
> the adapter was discovered, but when I specify the location of the install
> routine, instead of running the install routine I get an eror message saying
> the Network Controller can not found.
>
> Although the problem with the card is probably not caused by Windows I
> should be able to disable the card or run a network card in the PCMCIA slot
> with it enabled, and the crazy thing is two days ago I did. I inserted the a
> 2wire 802.11 PC Wireless Wireless Adapter in this notebook and it ran
> beautifully. Then I tried to get A Bluetooth dongel to work and deleted some
> software. I could not get Bluetooth to work and now I can't get WiFi to work
> either.
>
> When I insert the Wireless adapter in the PCMCIA slot the device is
> discovere though it does say USB device. When I specifiy the location of the
> driver it says Network Controller can not be found. Can someone help me.
>

> --
> KC

Theo

Because you're asking for hardware assistance and this is a
Windows 64-bit software forum. You should contact the
vendor of y9our laptop for hardware assistance.

KCav wrote:
> I can't get any help around here?

John Barnes

Make sure you have the right driver, go into Device Management and install
driver. Point to the proper driver.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...