Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > DBAPI Loss DB Connection

DBAPI Loss DB Connection

Greg Copeland

According to the SQLAlchemy list, the DBAPI specification does not
define a standard error reporting mechanism which would allow for
generic detection of loss of database connection without DB specific
exception handling. For me, this is a requisite for robust error
handling. Not to mention, this seeminly defeats the purpose of using
DBAPI since one can not have a robust DB application without tethering
it to a specific DBAPI DB implementation; which seemingly defeates the
purpose of using a DBAPI implementation.

Assuming what I've been told is correct, what is the proper method to
request a revision to the DBAPI specification to specifically address
loss of DB connection and error handling in this regard?

Greg

DBApi Question with MySQL Hans Müller Python 1 12-12-2007 05:43 PM
using array as execute parameter in dbapi gglegrp112@alhashash.net Python 2 07-22-2006 09:23 AM
DBAPI Paramstyle Bob Parnes Python 6 03-28-2005 09:43 PM
Re: connection loss every 5 minutes francis.gerard Wireless Networking 0 07-27-2004 06:22 PM
Unicode -> Python -> DBAPI -> PyPgSQL -> PostgreSQL Rene Pijlman Python 2 11-03-2003 11:44 AM

Advertisments