Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Managing Multi-Application Session Environment ASP.net 2.0

Managing Multi-Application Session Environment ASP.net 2.0

gstark

Hi,
I need some help or direction. The website design I want to implement has a
login and menu pages (root website.) The menu directs access to
sub-websites (which are themselves separate applications). The sub-websites
need session information from the root session. I am looking for a way to
pass session back and forth, and I have not found the answers I need (and
example implementation). I think I might need SQL server to store session
data, but I am not sure...

Greg

You could switch to SQL Server Session State, but the problem is that session
is an per-user on a specific application specific thing, unless you were to
hack the SQL Server tables / sprocs to override this.
Peter

--
Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Short urls & more: http://ittyurl.net

"gstark" wrote:

> Hi,
> I need some help or direction. The website design I want to implement has a
> login and menu pages (root website.) The menu directs access to
> sub-websites (which are themselves separate applications). The sub-websites
> need session information from the root session. I am looking for a way to
> pass session back and forth, and I have not found the answers I need (and
> example implementation). I think I might need SQL server to store session
> data, but I am not sure...
>
> Greg

Latish Sehgal

You can implement your own session management by deriving the page
class and overriding the default HttpSession with a custom
implementation.
Check out http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa479313.aspx
This gives an idea about how to share session info.
Hope this helps.
Latish