Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Competitive rates for Voip Telephony

Competitive rates for Voip Telephony

Ivor Jones

"Dave Higton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)

[snip]

> Well there you are. If you refuse to recognise other
> legitimate meanings of the word, you are creating a
> problem.

No I'm not, the problem is created by those who try and apply the word
forum to a newsgroup.

> A pub could be a forum for discussion(s), commonly
> abbreviated to a forum. It could be the Red Lion or any
> other name - it doesn't have to be called The Forum.

Not applicable. A pub is quite clearly a pub, unless it's trying to
pretend it's a restaurant.

A newsgroup can be nothing other than a newsgroup. A forum is something
quite different.

Ivor

> Dave

clavox@btinternet.com

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 01:33:10 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Dave Higton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)
>
>[snip]
>
>> Well there you are. If you refuse to recognise other
>> legitimate meanings of the word, you are creating a
>> problem.

>No I'm not, the problem is created by those who try and apply the word
>forum to a newsgroup.

I don't try Ivor I do so because forum is the correct word to use.

>A newsgroup can be nothing other than a newsgroup. A forum is something
>quite different.

There is only you that can be right on all matters Ivor or so you like
to think if you don't like people using the word forum then bugger off
you wouldn't be missed.