Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > XML Blogroll

XML Blogroll

dlcacuff@gmail.com

What other attributes would be needed for an XML formatted blog-roll?
Can you help me add to this format / code.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<blogRoll>
<blog>
<blogName>My Blog</blogName>
<blogDescription></blogDescription>
<htmlURI>http://www.myblog.com</htmlURI>
<xmlURI>xx.rss</xmlURI>
</blog>
</blogRoll>

dlcacuff@gmail.com

On Apr 2, 11:57 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> What other attributes would be needed for an XML formatted blog-roll?
> Can you help me add to this format / code.
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <blogRoll>
> <blog>
> <blogName>My Blog</blogName>
> <blogDescription></blogDescription>
> <htmlURI>http://www.myblog.com</htmlURI>
> <xmlURI>xx.rss</xmlURI>
> </blog>
> </blogRoll>

Possibly a tag the blog was <lastUpdated/> or <blogAdded/> ?

Simon Brooke

in message <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) ('(E-Mail Removed)') wrote:

> On Apr 2, 11:57 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> What other attributes would be needed for an XML formatted blog-roll?
>> Can you help me add to this format / code.
>>
>> <?xml version="1.0"?>
>> <blogRoll>
>> <blog>
>> <blogName>My Blog</blogName>
>> <blogDescription></blogDescription>
>> <htmlURI>http://www.myblog.com</htmlURI>
>> <xmlURI>xx.rss</xmlURI>
>> </blog>
>> </blogRoll>

> Possibly a tag the blog was <lastUpdated/> or <blogAdded/> ?

Better an attribute, surely? Indeed, several of those things should be
attributes - blogName, htmlURI and xmlURI are definite candidates. Once
you've done that the only content of the <blog> element is the

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<blogRoll>
<blog name="My Blog" htmlURI="http://www.myblog.com" xmlURI="xx.rss">
Description of my blog.
</blog>
</blogRoll>

Incidentally I think mixed case, studly caps and so on in element or
attribute names is a mistake. I know this because I've done it myself, and
it is a prime cause of bugs which are absurdly hard to spot. Stick to
either all uppers or (preferably) all lowers.

--
(E-Mail Removed) (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/

;; Women are from Venus. Men are from Mars. Lusers are from Uranus.