Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > extracting EXIF Orientation

extracting EXIF Orientation

cartoper@gmail.com

I am hoping there is a fellow programmer here that can point me to a
open source C/C++ library for Windows that can read the EXIF
orientation, anyone know of one?

Steve Wolfe

>I am hoping there is a fellow programmer here that can point me to a
> open source C/C++ library for Windows that can read the EXIF
> orientation, anyone know of one?

I searched google for "c library exif", and what do you know... the first
entry was "the libexif c library". Searching for "C++ library exif" also
turned up viable-looking entries for the first few results.

steve

nospam

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I am hoping there is a fellow programmer here that can point me to a
> open source C/C++ library for Windows that can read the EXIF
> orientation, anyone know of one?

<http://libexif.sourceforge.net/>

not c/c++ but *very* useful:
<http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/>

Bruce Lewis

> I am hoping there is a fellow programmer here that can point me to a
> open source C/C++ library for Windows that can read the EXIF
> orientation, anyone know of one?

I would download the source for jhead and see what they do. Use their
code. There's a lack of standardization in some EXIF fields
(e.g. timestamp) and jhead seems to have a lot of experience with it.
Maybe orientation is well standardized, but I couldn't say for sure.

Be warned that the Windows Web Publishing wizard trashes EXIF
orientation info when it resizes images. It preserves timestamps. I
haven't checked other EXIF fields.

--

http://ourdoings.com/
Amazingly simple photo sharing