Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > conduct--see post below

conduct--see post below

No One

One reference alluded to the anonymous postings (as is
mine). Perhaps if M$ spent some time and a few of the
billions to figure out how to keep the swen spammers out
of the system, we all could be a little more forthcoming
with who we really are. I also see the value of my cert
going "south" with the dumpers. And, frankly, this
particular NG provides me with my daily bit of
jocularity. Keep dumping on the trolls and dumpers. They
deserve all they get!

Andy Foster

"No One" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:13d1401c4442e$aa6c5fb0$(E-Mail Removed)...
<snip>
> Keep dumping on the trolls and dumpers. They
> deserve all they get!

No! Do not feed the trolls!

Neil

"No One" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:13d1401c4442e$aa6c5fb0$(E-Mail Removed):

> And, frankly, this
> particular NG provides me with my daily bit of
> jocularity.

this is the reason I hang around. I would stay here for no other reason.
I hope that MS recognises the value of skilled people (many MCNGPers are,
though I will not be so vain as to say that I am highly skilled I just do
what I can) and provide those who don't know better a valuable service...

IMHO

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Larry Samuels

They do Neil, but things have been getting out of control in this group
lately, especially the language content.
That is the main reason I haven't posted here recently. While I support the
aims of the MCNGP and enjoy honorary membership, as a MVP I will not
knowingly violate the rules of conduct (though I have done so either
unknowingly or in anger in the past)

Associate Expert
Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
http://pelos.us/SERVER.htm
news:Xns94F6CCA37F415neilmcsehotmailcom@207.46.248 .16...
> "No One" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:13d1401c4442e$aa6c5fb0$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> And, frankly, this
>> particular NG provides me with my daily bit of
>> jocularity.

> this is the reason I hang around. I would stay here for no other reason.
> I hope that MS recognises the value of skilled people (many MCNGPers are,
> though I will not be so vain as to say that I am highly skilled I just do
> what I can) and provide those who don't know better a valuable service...
>
> IMHO
>
> --
> Neil MCNGP #30

no one

well, Larry brings up a valid point. There is no need
for vulgarity or profanity anywhere. My reference was
not intended to target those people who choose to use
foul language; rather to point out that this particular
ng seems to get some of the dumbest questions in the
known universe to wit: how do I buy MCSE? what are
questions on exam 70-XXX? where do I start? It all boils
down to the fact that these people are trying to come in
to the MCSE world and want everyone else to do all their
legwork for them. Pity the poor sap that does this and
then has to solve a really HUGE issue on a network just
to get it back up and on line. They will have to come
here and have one of us do it for them because they don't
even know how to 'google' or go to technet. The biggest
thing I've learned over the years is that you can't
remember EVERYTHING. But you have to know how to go
about finding out how to do something that you have
forgotten. After all, the network still has to work. And
if you're the one charged with that responsibility, you'd
better know how to fix it or where to go to find out.

=?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=

Larry Samuels wrote:
> They do Neil, but things have been getting out of control in this
> group lately, especially the language content.

That was eddiepox.

> That is the main reason I haven't posted here recently. While I
> support the aims of the MCNGP and enjoy honorary membership, as a MVP
> I will not knowingly violate the rules of conduct (though I have done
> so either unknowingly or in anger in the past)

We understand... really we do.

--
Fris "It was just the froup's monthly cycle" beeŽ

Certaholics

Consultant

larry, is bill still trying to get you to negotiate a meeting with me?

"Larry Samuels" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> They do Neil, but things have been getting out of control in this group
> lately, especially the language content.
> That is the main reason I haven't posted here recently. While I support

the
> aims of the MCNGP and enjoy honorary membership, as a MVP I will not
> knowingly violate the rules of conduct (though I have done so either
> unknowingly or in anger in the past)
>
> --
> Larry Samuels MS-MVP (Windows-Shell/User)
> Associate Expert
> http://pelos.us/SERVER.htm
> "Neil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns94F6CCA37F415neilmcsehotmailcom@207.46.248 .16...
> > "No One" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> > news:13d1401c4442e$aa6c5fb0$(E-Mail Removed):
> >
> >> And, frankly, this
> >> particular NG provides me with my daily bit of
> >> jocularity.

> > this is the reason I hang around. I would stay here for no other reason.
> > I hope that MS recognises the value of skilled people (many MCNGPers

are,
> > though I will not be so vain as to say that I am highly skilled I just

do
> > what I can) and provide those who don't know better a valuable

service...

> > IMHO
> >
> > --
> > Neil MCNGP #30
> > "you'd do what, to who, for how many biscuits?"

Neil

"no one" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:1447e01c444b1$fab36ee0$(E-Mail Removed):

> It all boils
> down to the fact that these people are trying to come in
> to the MCSE world and want everyone else to do all their
> legwork for them.

not just thier leg work, all of thier work. As for the language, yes I
have gotten a bit hot under the collar and used more colour than might be
neccessary. but some posters will not pay attention to much else. Shock
seems to be the only way to get people to wake up and realize they have
crossed a line. If I have offended anyone, I will appologise. If they
have not offended me, all reason, and my certification that is.

--
Neil MCNGP #30

>larry, is bill still trying to get you to negotiate a meeting with me?

I believe ms still can't come up with enough cash for your expenses,
let alone your fee.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

>Shock
>seems to be the only way to get people to wake up and realize they have
>crossed a line.

If it was only that simple...

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3