Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Computer will not come on but has power

Computer will not come on but has power

Jody

When I hold in the power button in the computer lights up the fans
work, It sounds like it is going to boot up, but everything flashes
and as soon as I let go of the button the computer does nothing. There
is no new hardware, so that is not the problem.

samuel

"Jody" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com:

> When I hold in the power button in the computer lights up the
> fans work, It sounds like it is going to boot up, but
> everything flashes and as soon as I let go of the button the
> computer does nothing. There is no new hardware, so that is
> not the problem.

thanks for sharing

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Jody" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>When I hold in the power button in the computer lights up the fans
>work, It sounds like it is going to boot up, but everything flashes
>and as soon as I let go of the button the computer does nothing. There
>is no new hardware, so that is not the problem.

Assuming it's the switch, Go into your bios
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm (or the very
first thing shown on bootup)
See if you have a setting as to what happens when you press the
switch, change accordingly.

Open the computer, follow the wire from the switch to the motherboard,
disconnect the wire and short the two pins on the motherboard (all
precautions should be followed) - see what happens. - If it starts up
change out the switch.

--
Deadstar Assembly
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xqP7N657NSQ