Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Network attached Storage

Network attached Storage

=?Utf-8?B?YWJheQ==?=

I hope this is the right place to post this message. I recently bought an Icy
Box-NAS900 with a 300 GB hard disk in it which is formatted to NTFS , now the
problem is I can not configure this thing because the web page or site can
not be displayed. Tried to attached it directly to the PC and it works, but
can not also find the web page. I had read the instruction manual many times,
check and recheck the connections.Does anyone had this problem before?
PC is running Win XP SP2. NAS attached to a linksys router. Thanks.

Doug Simar

Make sure the NAS box and the linksys router are on the same IP/Subnet. If
the router is 192.168.1.1 and the NAS box is 192.168.0.1 GUESS WHAT! You
have a problem. Make sure you run through the settings on the NAS box and
make sure they are the same.

Doug

news:(E-Mail Removed)...