Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > setting up networks as per the training kit manual for ms win professional

setting up networks as per the training kit manual for ms win professional

val

I recently downloaded material for the netg microsoft
windows professional online course. My student no. is
53/2758. Unfortunately my computer became infected with
the sasser worm. I installed the MS patch , ran a norton
recovery program and my antivirus software & confgrd my
firewalls. Now i want to remaster my computer and
download the same files /course work again...is this
possible using a firewall ?I have a compaq armada 110
with Windows ME ; laptop . Can i download the material
onto this?

Also I am trying to set up a home nertwork as practice
for the CD with the manual/training kit fot MS win
Professional Installation & Configuration. The network is
as proposed is as follows:

desktop with XP home edition (maybe wth a parrtnd copy of
MS win Advanced Server)

laptop with ME to run a partioned copy of Win 2000
Professional evaluation copy

desktop with win 98 . 128 MB RAM, 7 GB hard disk as Win
2000 Server (evaluation copy) Primary Domain Controller...
(any hints on installin & partioning these evaluation cds)

I am having problems in installing a home network as an
initiatory network with desktop XP connectg to the laptop
ME.

i have created a network setup floppy disk from my
desktop with XP home edition for a laptop with ME . The
laptop comes up with the error "Rundll32 has caused an
error in <unknown>". "Rundll32 will now close" . when
inserted and executed..... could you suggest a
solution .THANKS.

PS I have run the Network setup Wizard on both
computers ; XP first . I have NACs in both & a crossover
cable . With XP Home edition do I get pre-installed
drivers for a 3c90x NAC from 3com (10/100 Ethernet NAC).
Both NAcs are installed with no exclamations nxt to thm
in Device Manager.

Also I would like to create a partition on my laptop ; it
has 512 mb ram , 1.74GB availbl virtl memory / 1.45GB
page file space and a partition on my desktop with 1.43
GB available virtual memory, 1.22 GB page file space...so
I can install MS win ADv Server & or Professional this
inc . on a third comp. with a celeron processor running
win 98 with 7197 mb available on drive c/ 64 mb ram... ms
server diks are evaluation copies.thanks again...

thanks.await ur reponse

val

showie

your setting up a big mess, this will help you very little
on the exams, get a eval. copy of win server'03 and run a
proper network

Paul Lynch

On Tue, 25 May 2004 05:58:25 -0700, "val"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I recently downloaded material for the netg microsoft
>windows professional online course. My student no. is
>53/2758. Unfortunately my computer became infected with
>the sasser worm. I installed the MS patch , ran a norton
>recovery program and my antivirus software & confgrd my
>firewalls. Now i want to remaster my computer and
>download the same files /course work again...is this
>possible using a firewall ?I have a compaq armada 110
>with Windows ME ; laptop . Can i download the material
>onto this?

An alternative option to consider is Microsoft Virtual PC 2004. This
will allow you to install multiple OS's on one machine and network
them together using the MS Loopback adapter.

This way you won't have to worry about partitioning your hard disk as
the virtual machines' hard diskss are represented as files on your
existing machine. Server OS's aren't officially supported but I'm
having no trouble running W2K3, W2K, Solaris 8 x86 and Oracle 10g all
on the one machine - although you do need a machine with oodles of
memory for this

Try it free here :

Regards,

Paul Lynch
MCSE

Neil

Paul Lynch <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> An alternative option to consider is Microsoft Virtual PC 2004.

Or vmware...

(Paul would be the official VPC rep and I will be the VM rep. They do
basically the same thing. VMware has been around alonger but VPC is MS.
You still need scads of RAM for both. Your free demo of vmware can be
found at:
http://www.vmware.com/vmwarestore/ne...eval_login.jsp
or
http://tinyurl.com/2w33r )

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Paul Lynch

On Tue, 25 May 2004 07:56:54 -0700, Neil <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Paul Lynch <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:(E-Mail Removed) :
>
>> An alternative option to consider is Microsoft Virtual PC 2004.

>Or vmware...
>
>(Paul would be the official VPC rep and I will be the VM rep. They do
>basically the same thing. VMware has been around alonger but VPC is MS.
>You still need scads of RAM for both. Your free demo of vmware can be
>found at:
>http://www.vmware.com/vmwarestore/ne...eval_login.jsp
>or
>http://tinyurl.com/2w33r )

No, use mine, use mine......

Pick me, pick me !!!

Regards,

Paul Lynch
MCSE

Consultant

paul is real

"Paul Lynch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 25 May 2004 07:56:54 -0700, Neil <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >Paul Lynch <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> >news:(E-Mail Removed) :
> >
> >> An alternative option to consider is Microsoft Virtual PC 2004.

> >Or vmware...
> >
> >(Paul would be the official VPC rep and I will be the VM rep. They do
> >basically the same thing. VMware has been around alonger but VPC is MS.
> >You still need scads of RAM for both. Your free demo of vmware can be
> >found at:
> >http://www.vmware.com/vmwarestore/ne...eval_login.jsp
> >or
> >http://tinyurl.com/2w33r )

> No, use mine, use mine......
>
> Pick me, pick me !!!
>

> Regards,
>
> Paul Lynch
> MCSE

Neil

Paul Lynch <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> No, use mine, use mine......
>
> Pick me, pick me !!!

Don't make me dig out my student discount offers....

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Neil

"Consultant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:eXk2t7mQEHA.3348
@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

> paul is real

I'm hurt...

--
Neil MCNGP #30

LnkWizard

news:Xns94F48624B4238neilmcsehotmailcom@207.46.248 .16...
> "Consultant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:eXk2t7mQEHA.3348
> @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:
>
> > paul is real

> I'm hurt...
>
> --
> Neil MCNGP #30

But Neil has NEW updates

---
LnkWizard MCNGP 2^5

---

Neil

"LnkWizard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

>> @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:
>>
>> > paul is real

>> I'm hurt...
>>
>> --
>> Neil MCNGP #30
>> "you'd do what, to who, for how many biscuits?"

> But Neil has NEW updates

Lnk you're....the best

--
Neil MCNGP #30