Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > WINLOGON.EXE -- Aplication Error

WINLOGON.EXE -- Aplication Error

SUPERJSM

Using Windows 2000, all of a sudden I receive
a 'Winlogon.exe' Application error.
When clicking on OK or Cancel on the error msg, I get the
Blue Screen of death.

Any ideas?

JaR

On Mon, 24 May 2004 13:18:22 -0700, SUPERJSM extemporised:

> Using Windows 2000, all of a sudden I receive
> a 'Winlogon.exe' Application error.
> When clicking on OK or Cancel on the error msg, I get the
> Blue Screen of death.
>
> Any ideas?

Yup. Check for Sasser.

JaR
MCNGP 10110

Ken Briscoe

news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yup. Check for Sasser.

I don't know if I'm lucky or stupid...or both...but I've not seen one single
instance of Sasser, and frankly, I don't even know what it does. None of our
machines got infected, my machines at home are safe, and none of my friends
have been calling me asking me to "take a look at my computer...it's acting
funny again". Knock. Wood.

--

KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

Neil

"Ken Briscoe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:eV9VXDdQEHA.644
@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:

> Knock. Wood.

oh, you've done it now. the virus god's will come a gunnin'

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Rowdy Yates

"Ken Briscoe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> "JaR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Yup. Check for Sasser.

> I don't know if I'm lucky or stupid...or both...but I've not seen one
> single instance of Sasser, and frankly, I don't even know what it
> does. None of our machines got infected, my machines at home are safe,
> and none of my friends have been calling me asking me to "take a look
> at my computer...it's acting funny again". Knock. Wood.

i fought in the the sasser wars. pretty much whoever doesnt patch regularly
is target.

Rowdy Yates, MCSE
--
Rowdy's Home Page
http://rowdy_yates2.tripod.com/

>> Knock. Wood.
>
>oh, you've done it now. the virus god's will come a gunnin'

bot's ready for attack....

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Neil

news:(E-Mail Removed):