Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > The complete book list.

The complete book list.

virtualadepts@gmail.com

www.awprofessional.com/series/indepth/

Go here to get the complete book list that the creator of C++ has
compiled, along with his book "The C++ Programming Language, Third
Edition". Bjarne Stroustrup is the creator of C++.

Victor Bazarov

> www.awprofessional.com/series/indepth/
>
> Go here to get the complete book list that the creator of C++ has
> compiled, along with his book "The C++ Programming Language, Third
> Edition". Bjarne Stroustrup is the creator of C++.

Thank you. THANK YOU!! If you hadn't told us, we'd still be lost,
wandering in the dark, bumping into each other...

red floyd

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Bjarne Stroustrup is the creator of C++.

What????? You mean Bill Gates didn't create it? But I thought Bill
Gates invented everything about computers!

Victor Bazarov

red floyd wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> Bjarne Stroustrup is the creator of C++.
>>

> What????? You mean Bill Gates didn't create it? But I thought Bill
> Gates invented everything about computers!

Oh, come on! It was Al Gore! Everybody knows that. Sheesh!

BobR

red floyd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:edzPh.20144$(E-Mail Removed). net...
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > Bjarne Stroustrup is the creator of C++.
> >

> What????? You mean Bill Gates didn't create it? But I thought Bill
> Gates invented everything about computers!

BIG difference between 'invention' and 'theft' (remember what he paid Xerox
for windows? That's 'theft' in my book. <G>).

--
Bob R
POVrookie

Victor Bazarov

BobR wrote:
> red floyd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:edzPh.20144$(E-Mail Removed). net...
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>> Bjarne Stroustrup is the creator of C++.
>>>

>> What????? You mean Bill Gates didn't create it? But I thought Bill
>> Gates invented everything about computers!

> BIG difference between 'invention' and 'theft' (remember what he paid
> Xerox for windows? That's 'theft' in my book. <G>).

I thought it was charity. Whatever Xerox got out of it, they must
have liked [then], right?

Puppet_Sock

On Apr 1, 3:07 pm, "BobR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> red floyd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:edzPh.20144$(E-Mail Removed). net...
>
> > (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > > Bjarne Stroustrup is the creator of C++.

> > What????? You mean Bill Gates didn't create it? But I thought Bill
> > Gates invented everything about computers!

> BIG difference between 'invention' and 'theft' (remember what he paid Xerox
> for windows? That's 'theft' in my book. <G>).

Theft? By Gates or by Xerox?
Socks

Default User

Victor Bazarov wrote:

> BobR wrote:
> >red floyd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:edzPh.20144$(E-Mail Removed). net...
> > > >

> > > What????? You mean Bill Gates didn't create it? But I thought
> > > Bill Gates invented everything about computers!

> > BIG difference between 'invention' and 'theft' (remember what he
> > paid Xerox for windows? That's 'theft' in my book. <G>).

> I thought it was charity. Whatever Xerox got out of it, they must
> have liked [then], right?

As I recall, it was Apple that was accused of stealing PARC's design,
not Microsoft.

Brian

Victor Bazarov

Default User wrote:
> Victor Bazarov wrote:
>
>> BobR wrote:
>>> red floyd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:edzPh.20144$(E-Mail Removed). net...

>>> BIG difference between 'invention' and 'theft' (remember what he
>>> paid Xerox for windows? That's 'theft' in my book. <G>).

>> I thought it was charity. Whatever Xerox got out of it, they must
>> have liked [then], right?

> As I recall, it was Apple that was accused of stealing PARC's design,
> not Microsoft.

I think the point here is: who cares? Window-based interface was
invented by bureaucrats first. Icons - by Egyptians. Probably.

BobR

Puppet_Sock <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message...
> On Apr 1, 3:07 pm, "BobR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > red floyd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message...

> > > What????? You mean Bill Gates didn't create it? But I thought Bill
> > > Gates invented everything about computers!

> > BIG difference between 'invention' and 'theft' (remember what he paid

Xerox
> > for windows? That's 'theft' in my book. <G>).

> Theft? By Gates or by Xerox?
> Socks

Xerox got screwed.

Sort of like:
You run a cabinet business. Someone in your company designed a birdhouse.
You don't really care about the birdhouse, so you sell it to Bill for $2.00.
He slaps a coat of paint on the birdhouse, walks across the street and sells
it for $100,000.00!
Sure, it's all legal. But if you knew the guy across the street was looking
for a birdhouse, would you have sold it to Bill for $2.00?
(the guy across the street was 'Big Blue', more or less. <G>)

--
Bob R
POVrookie