Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Gridview edit flashing

Gridview edit flashing

David C

For some reason, when I click the Edit link button on a row, the screen just
flashes, like a postback but does not go into edit mode until I click it a
2nd time. The same thing happens when I click Update or Cancel when in Edit
mode. Any ideas on what might be causing this? Thanks.

David

=?Utf-8?B?U2FzaGlkaGFyIEtva2t1?=

Check to see if you have having a if (!Page.IsPostback) section being
handled. Maynot solve your problem completely, but would eliminate another
point of failure.

--
Sashidhar Kokku
ikaSystems Corp

"David C" wrote:

> For some reason, when I click the Edit link button on a row, the screen just
> flashes, like a postback but does not go into edit mode until I click it a
> 2nd time. The same thing happens when I click Update or Cancel when in Edit
> mode. Any ideas on what might be causing this? Thanks.
>
> David

David C

I'll check that out and let you know if that is a problem. Thanks.

David
"Sashidhar Kokku" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Check to see if you have having a if (!Page.IsPostback) section being
> handled. Maynot solve your problem completely, but would eliminate another
> point of failure.
>
> --
> Sashidhar Kokku
> ikaSystems Corp
>

> "David C" wrote:
>
>> For some reason, when I click the Edit link button on a row, the screen
>> just
>> flashes, like a postback but does not go into edit mode until I click it
>> 2nd time. The same thing happens when I click Update or Cancel when in
>> Edit
>> mode. Any ideas on what might be causing this? Thanks.
>>
>> David

David C

Nope. Still a problem. I'm not sure how to debug as this page is called
from the startup page by some user action and is send querystrings.

David
"Sashidhar Kokku" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Check to see if you have having a if (!Page.IsPostback) section being
> handled. Maynot solve your problem completely, but would eliminate another
> point of failure.
>
> --
> Sashidhar Kokku
> ikaSystems Corp
>

> "David C" wrote:
>
>> For some reason, when I click the Edit link button on a row, the screen
>> just
>> flashes, like a postback but does not go into edit mode until I click it
>> 2nd time. The same thing happens when I click Update or Cancel when in
>> Edit
>> mode. Any ideas on what might be causing this? Thanks.
>>
>> David

Alexey Smirnov

On Apr 2, 4:29 pm, "David C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Nope. Still a problem. I'm not sure how to debug as this page is called
> from the startup page by some user action and is send querystrings.

Put a breakpoint in the Page_Load event and run your application in
debug mode.