Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > from floppy to address book

from floppy to address book

howie

Sounds stupid I know, but I need specific instruction on how to
transfer addresses from a floppy to the address book. TIA

WhzzKdd

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 30 Mar 2007 11:14:42 -0700, "howie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Sounds stupid I know, but I need specific instruction on how to
>>transfer addresses from a floppy to the address book. TIA

> You want specific instructions yet you ask an incredibly vague
> question?
>
> What address book?

Yeah, and what file format are the addresses on the floppy disk saved as?

Mike Easter

howie wrote:
> Sounds stupid I know, but I need specific instruction on how to
> transfer addresses from a floppy to the address book.

What sounds stupid is the way you chose to ask the question.

You didn't describe the format or the condition of the address file
which is on the floppy. You didn't describe the 'environment' of the
addressbook which you are trying to transfer to.

That means that you are thinking about something which you failed to
describe and then you are assuming that those who read your 'stupid'
question are going to be able to read your [deleted] mind.

So, then the reader has to imagine something and having imagined it,
then give an answer to the question not as asked.

You are posting to a newsgroup using googlegroups but not having logged
in with a gmail address, and you are using a windows operating system
and browser to do so. Presumably you are not asking about how to import
an addressbook which you exported from some kind of windows addressbook
to the floppy to import into some kind of webmailer like gmail.

If you exported a windows addressbook in the form of a .wab file saved
on the floppy, then you would import it into a windows addressbook by
opening the new addressbook and using the File/ Import/ Windows
addressbook .wab function.

If you were going to export an addressbook from a windows addressbook
and import it into a webmailer like gmail you would do it completely
different from that by exporting and importing it as a .csv file, not a
..wab.

--
Mike Easter

Whiskers

On 2007-03-30, howie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Sounds stupid I know, but I need specific instruction on how to
> transfer addresses from a floppy to the address book. TIA

You can get a Filofax six-hole punch to make your own pages, if you get
paper the right size.

--
-- Whiskers

Evan Platt

On 30 Mar 2007 11:14:42 -0700, "howie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Sounds stupid I know, but I need specific instruction on how to
>transfer addresses from a floppy to the address book. TIA

You want specific instructions yet you ask an incredibly vague
question?

What address book?

Tried google?