Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Paying for certification training!!!!

Paying for certification training!!!!

Sherman

I have been thinking obout paying for training for
various certifications e.g. MCSE, MCDBA etc. I have an IT
degree and am wondering if it is really worth it. I have
all the information I need to pass already, in terms of
books and CBTNuggets training videos, which I have
obtained for free.

I'm worried that i'll be missing out on the hands on
training involved, e.g. Domain server environments, hands
on routers etc. I myself run home peer-to-peer network
with 3 PC's. What do y'all think is 5000 worth going
hands on or should I motivate myself through private
study?????????

Beoweolf

only you know yourself well enough to decide whether you can trust yourself
to study on your own. The fact is, all study boils down to self study. Going
to formal class just adds structure and guidance in the directed study.

Lot so people do it, sometimes with better results and satisfaction than
attending classes. There's a lot to be said for taking your future in your
hands. Kind of like working for yourself or working for someone else.

"Sherman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1109301c44116$7fd3a800$(E-Mail Removed)...
I have been thinking obout paying for training for
various certifications e.g. MCSE, MCDBA etc. I have an IT
degree and am wondering if it is really worth it. I have
all the information I need to pass already, in terms of
books and CBTNuggets training videos, which I have
obtained for free.

I'm worried that i'll be missing out on the hands on
training involved, e.g. Domain server environments, hands
on routers etc. I myself run home peer-to-peer network
with 3 PC's. What do y'all think is 5000 worth going
hands on or should I motivate myself through private
study?????????

---

Tim Kettring

"Sherman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1109301c44116$7fd3a800$(E-Mail Removed)...
I have been thinking obout paying for training for
various certifications e.g. MCSE, MCDBA etc. I have an IT
degree and am wondering if it is really worth it. I have
all the information I need to pass already, in terms of
books and CBTNuggets training videos, which I have
obtained for free.

I'm worried that i'll be missing out on the hands on
training involved, e.g. Domain server environments, hands
on routers etc. I myself run home peer-to-peer network
with 3 PC's. What do y'all think is 5000 worth going
hands on or should I motivate myself through private
study?????????
I dont know for you , but I am self studying , and will take 2 tests before
I spend 5K US . If I pass 1 of them , I will continue self study only . If I
dont pass either , I might go to school , even though they are only offering
win-2000 server/networking , and not 2003 server/networking that I want to
go for . It all depends on how diligent you are with your studies .