Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > VOIP Suggestions

VOIP Suggestions

Stri

Hi,

I was just doing some reading up, I'm not that impressed with Skype
and I'm looking for alternatives.

http://tinyurl.com/36c2zr

VoIPDiscount VoIPCheap & VoIPStunt seem to be the suggested
alternative. What I need is a VOIP provider which (like skype) I can
just pay 10 quid (or so) and top up my credit to make call. I don't
want any monthly plans as I like my freedom.

I know there are several, I'd rather just trust in your experience in
the subject to point me to the best one. If you came to alt.games.half-
life I'd do the same.

Thanks for reading

peace, love and happiness (with the occasionally bit of harmless
violence)

Scottie

acdeag

Try looking at www.voip.co.uk

Clavox@lancs.no-ip.co.uk

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 11:59:48 GMT, "acdeag"
>Try looking at www.voip.co.uk

The best around I would say .

RH

"Stri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
Hi,

I was just doing some reading up, I'm not that impressed with Skype
and I'm looking for alternatives.

http://tinyurl.com/36c2zr

VoIPDiscount VoIPCheap & VoIPStunt seem to be the suggested
alternative. What I need is a VOIP provider which (like skype) I can
just pay 10 quid (or so) and top up my credit to make call. I don't
want any monthly plans as I like my freedom.

I know there are several, I'd rather just trust in your experience in
the subject to point me to the best one. If you came to alt.games.half-
life I'd do the same.

Thanks for reading

peace, love and happiness (with the occasionally bit of harmless
violence)

Scottie

--------------

It depends what your after, if you are wanting a real number which people
can contact you on then Voipcheap etc is not for you, they provide only
outgoing service

Then if your just calling landlines especially europe wise,
voipdiscount/internetcalls are good as they give you 300 minutes per 7 days
calls and half decent call rates to mobiles.

If your going to call call mobiles a lot, www.lowratevoip.com for use with
SIP devices is pretty good and www.justvoip.com is probably the lowest at 4p
minute

Brian A

>It depends what your after, if you are wanting a real number which people
>can contact you on then Voipcheap etc is not for you, they provide only
>outgoing service
>
>Then if your just calling landlines especially europe wise,
>voipdiscount/internetcalls are good as they give you 300 minutes per 7 days
>calls and half decent call rates to mobiles.
>
>If your going to call call mobiles a lot, www.lowratevoip.com for use with
>SIP devices is pretty good and www.justvoip.com is probably the lowest at 4p
>minute

voip.co.uk will provide you with a good base for 20/year. You'll get
inclusive off-peak calls and daytime calls at 2p/call - and a
geographic number. They have good reliabilty and good quality audio.
After that, if you want to use other providers for mobile or
international outgoing calls you can.
Then you need to consider what you need by way of an ATA.
Do you want to just get voip on your ATA or do you want to integrate
it with a landline?

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Herman

<(E-Mail Removed)-ip.co.uk> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 11:59:48 GMT, "acdeag"
>>Try looking at www.voip.co.uk
>>

> The best around I would say .

Not if you don't need voip-in. If you just need cheap outgoing calls,
Betamax companies are often better value, particularly for international and
mobile.

Graham

"Herman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kwgPh.45$(E-Mail Removed)...
> <(E-Mail Removed)-ip.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 11:59:48 GMT, "acdeag"
>>>Try looking at www.voip.co.uk
>>>

>> The best around I would say .

> Not if you don't need voip-in. If you just need cheap outgoing calls,
> Betamax companies are often better value, particularly for international
> and mobile.

The OP should consider using two different providers for OG and IC
calls, e.g. voipcheap.com and sipgate.co.uk His hardware would
have to support two accounts of course.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Brian

On 2007-03-31, Graham <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Herman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:kwgPh.45$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Not if you don't need voip-in. If you just need cheap outgoing calls,
>> Betamax companies are often better value, particularly for international
>> and mobile.

> The OP should consider using two different providers for OG and IC
> calls, e.g. voipcheap.com and sipgate.co.uk His hardware would
> have to support two accounts of course.

For the example given, yes. But not in general.

Brian.

Pete @ www.GymRatZ.co.uk

RH wrote:

> It depends what your after, if you are wanting a real number which people
> can contact you on then Voipcheap etc is not for you, they provide only
> outgoing service

BUT... it is possible to get an incoming number pointing to your
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) besides which, I would expect the majority
of users would still retain their PSTN connection for incoming calls

> Then if your just calling landlines especially europe wise,
> voipdiscount/internetcalls are good as they give you 300 minutes per 7 days
> calls and half decent call rates to mobiles.
>
> If your going to call call mobiles a lot, www.lowratevoip.com for use with
> SIP devices is pretty good and www.justvoip.com is probably the lowest at 4p
> minute

There's still nothing that can match voipcheap.com for call rates to UK
mobiles at around 6p per minute (though I'm sure that rate won't last
for ever)

Pete
http://www.commercial-gym-equipment.co.uk
http://www.gymratz.co.uk

RH

<(E-Mail Removed)-ip.co.uk> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 11:59:48 GMT, "acdeag"
>>Try looking at www.voip.co.uk
>>

> The best around I would say .

Not if you want to make any kind of international calls,

using voip.co.uk would bankrupt me as some of the prices they have are daft,
really daft some calls can be nearly **10** times the cost of others such as
justvoip.com

Example calling Lichtenstien mobile (which as it happens a lot of globals
sims use incluidng those sold at CPW)
Just voip : 0.073
Voip.co.uk : 0.714
On a half hour call Using justvoip would save a massive 19.23

Swiss mobile which I also call a lot of is also silly at 0.551 , Justvoip :
0.073

The biggest extreme I found which I have to admit I no need to call but find
the difference huge:
Wallis and Futuna :
Voip.co.uk: 3.011
Justvoip; 0.396