Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > The safest Browser is IE7

The safest Browser is IE7

businessman@nomail.com

I hate to break this to everyone, but according to
http://msmvps.com/blogs/spywaresucks...22/701346.aspx

IE7 is now the safest browser.

Now that you are all beginning to delete Firefox and install IE7,
there is GOOD NEWS. The good news is that Firefox 2.0x is only a tiny
precentage of a point below IE7.

On the other hand, Opera comes in as the worst on all accounts.

What shocks me is that IE6 is safer than Firefox 1.x

Here is what they list:

Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.x

5.42% of all Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.x installations were
detected as being insecure.

This is based on 211,521 system installations.

---------
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.x

9.94% of all Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.x installations were
detected as being insecure.

This is based on 132,336 system installations.

------------
Firefox 2.0x

5.47% of all Mozilla Firefox 2.0.x installations were detected as
being insecure.

This is based on 166,856 system installations.

------------
Firefox 1.x

38.16% of all Mozilla Firefox 1.x installations were detected as being
insecure.

This is based on 39,930 system installations.

--------------
Opera 9.x

12.39% of all Opera 9.x installations were detected as being insecure.

This is based on 46,034 system installations.

-------------
Opera 8.x

98.81% of all Opera 8.x installations were detected as being insecure.

This is based on 3,878 system installations.

------------
Opera 7.x

88.78% of all Opera 7.x installations were detected as being insecure.

This is based on 820 system installations.

john sumner

news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I hate to break this to everyone, but according to
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/spywaresucks...22/701346.aspx
>
> IE7 is now the safest browser.
>
> Now that you are all beginning to delete Firefox and install IE7,
> there is GOOD NEWS. The good news is that Firefox 2.0x is only a tiny
> precentage of a point below IE7.
>
> On the other hand, Opera comes in as the worst on all accounts.
>
> What shocks me is that IE6 is safer than Firefox 1.x

So are you a shill for bill gates. or are you bill gates trolling in news
groups.

businessman@nomail.com

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 06:53:16 +0000 (UTC), john sumner
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote in
>news:(E-Mail Removed) :
>
>> I hate to break this to everyone, but according to
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/spywaresucks...22/701346.aspx
>>
>> IE7 is now the safest browser.
>>
>> Now that you are all beginning to delete Firefox and install IE7,
>> there is GOOD NEWS. The good news is that Firefox 2.0x is only a tiny
>> precentage of a point below IE7.
>>
>> On the other hand, Opera comes in as the worst on all accounts.
>>
>> What shocks me is that IE6 is safer than Firefox 1.x
>>

>So are you a shill for bill gates. or are you bill gates trolling in news
>groups.

Neither. Just sharing what I found on the website link that I
included in my post. If you actually read my whole post, Firefox 2.0x
came in almost identical, just a fraction of a percent lower. On the
other hand Firefox 1.x did not come in good. On the other hand, Opera
was very poor.

I dont believe everything I read on websites, so I was hoping to get
some useful feedback on this. Unfortunately your reply did not fall
into the "useful" category.

john sumner

(E-Mail Removed) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Neither. Just sharing what I found on the website link that I
> included in my post. If you actually read my whole post, Firefox 2.0x
> came in almost identical, just a fraction of a percent lower. On the
> other hand Firefox 1.x did not come in good. On the other hand, Opera
> was very poor.
>
> I dont believe everything I read on websites, so I was hoping to get
> some useful feedback on this. Unfortunately your reply did not fall
> into the "useful" category.

And your point being?

elaich

(E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:1d8p039i0h1nh6iksusc5vb0ccs3g5f9qi@
4ax.com:

> I hate to break this to everyone, but according to
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/spywaresucks...22/701346.aspx
>
> IE7 is now the safest browser.

A look at the source discounts this immediately. Also, this is the same
troll who argued for weeks about a moot point in an another group.

--
A: Because it disturbs the logical flow of the message.
Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?

businessman@nomail.com

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 13:05:11 +0000 (UTC), john sumner
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote in
>news:(E-Mail Removed) :
>

>> Neither. Just sharing what I found on the website link that I
>> included in my post. If you actually read my whole post, Firefox 2.0x
>> came in almost identical, just a fraction of a percent lower. On the
>> other hand Firefox 1.x did not come in good. On the other hand, Opera
>> was very poor.
>>
>> I dont believe everything I read on websites, so I was hoping to get
>> some useful feedback on this. Unfortunately your reply did not fall
>> into the "useful" category.
>>

>And your point being?

Apparently you lack reading comprehension !!!!!

Now putting aside trolls such as yourself who only waste bandwidth,

Does anyone on here have any security facts to share. I'd like to
validify this. I find it kind of hard to imagine that IE6 was more
secure than Firefox 1.x. I have not tried IE7, so I can not
personally comment. I was always under the impression that FF was
pretty secure, at least that is what everyone kept saying, but if this
information is accurate, all versions of FF prior to 2.0x was not very
secure at all, and IE6 was actually more secure. If anyone has any
facts or know of other websites, I'd sure like to know what is true.

businessman@nomail.com

On 30 Mar 2007 14:15:53 GMT, elaich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:1d8p039i0h1nh6iksusc5vb0ccs3g5f9qi@
>4ax.com:
>
>> I hate to break this to everyone, but according to
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/spywaresucks...22/701346.aspx
>>
>> IE7 is now the safest browser.

>A look at the source discounts this immediately. Also, this is the same
>troll who argued for weeks about a moot point in an another group.

Trolls such as yourself are automatically added to my kill filters.

Rom

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 00:47:51 -0500, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I hate to break this to everyone, but according to
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/spywaresucks...22/701346.aspx
>
> IE7 is now the safest browser.
>
> Now that you are all beginning to delete Firefox and install IE7,
> there is GOOD NEWS. The good news is that Firefox 2.0x is only a tiny
> precentage of a point below IE7.

<http://secunia.com/blog/4/>

One good thing about anyone that used
<http://secunia.com/software_inspector/> is "The results are then used
to advise you on how to update to more secure releases of the insecure
applications."

The good news is it's possible to have more than one browser
installed, and to use whatever browser(s) you want.

<http://secunia.com/search/?search=Internet+Explorer>
Found: 262 Secunia Security Advisories

<http://secunia.com/search/?search=Firefox>
Found: 160 Secunia Security Advisories

<http://secunia.com/product/12366/>
Vulnerability Report: Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.x

Affected By 9 Secunia advisories

Unpatched 78% (7 of 9 Secunia advisories)

Most Critical Unpatched
The most severe unpatched Secunia advisory affecting Microsoft
Internet Explorer 7.x, with all vendor patches applied, is rated
Moderately critical

<http://secunia.com/product/12434/>
Vulnerability Report: Mozilla Firefox 2.0.x

Affected By 6 Secunia advisories

Unpatched 50% (3 of 6 Secunia advisories)

Most Critical Unpatched
The most severe unpatched Secunia advisory affecting Mozilla Firefox
2.0.x, with all vendor patches applied, is rated Less critical

<http://secunia.com/product/11/>
Vulnerability Report: Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.x

Affected By 112 Secunia advisories

Unpatched 18% (20 of 112 Secunia advisories)

Most Critical Unpatched
The most severe unpatched Secunia advisory affecting Microsoft
Internet Explorer 6.x, with all vendor patches applied, is rated
Moderately critical

<http://secunia.com/product/4227/>
Vulnerability Report: Mozilla Firefox 1.x

Affected By 41 Secunia advisories

Unpatched 10% (4 of 41 Secunia advisories)

Most Critical Unpatched
The most severe unpatched Secunia advisory affecting Mozilla Firefox
1.x, with all vendor patches applied, is rated Less critical

--
Rom

Michel Doucet

Le Fri, 30 Mar 2007 00:47:51 -0500, businessman a caressÚ son clavier pour
nous dire dans (E-Mail Removed) ce qui suit :

> IE7 is now the safest browser.

Are you joking ?

--
Utiliser le butineur, le courrielleur, le lecteur de nouvelles
et l'OS avec lesquels vous vous sentez le plus sÚcurisÚ

SteveG

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 13:05:11 +0000 (UTC), john sumner
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>> Neither. Just sharing what I found on the website link that I
>>> included in my post. If you actually read my whole post, Firefox 2.0x
>>> came in almost identical, just a fraction of a percent lower. On the
>>> other hand Firefox 1.x did not come in good. On the other hand, Opera
>>> was very poor.
>>>
>>> I dont believe everything I read on websites, so I was hoping to get
>>> some useful feedback on this. Unfortunately your reply did not fall
>>> into the "useful" category.
>>>

>> And your point being?

> Apparently you lack reading comprehension !!!!!
>
> Now putting aside trolls such as yourself who only waste bandwidth,
>
> Does anyone on here have any security facts to share. I'd like to
> validify this. I find it kind of hard to imagine that IE6 was more
> secure than Firefox 1.x. I have not tried IE7, so I can not
> personally comment. I was always under the impression that FF was
> pretty secure, at least that is what everyone kept saying, but if this
> information is accurate, all versions of FF prior to 2.0x was not very
> secure at all, and IE6 was actually more secure. If anyone has any
> facts or know of other websites, I'd sure like to know what is true.

John may (or may not) lack comprehension skills but I have to tell you
that "validify" is NOT an English word. I'm guessing your American and
exercising your "right" to make up words just because you don't know the
correct one to use. Try "validate" instead

<flame proof jacket now donned in anticipation of impending tirade> <BCG>

--
Regards

Steve G

Safest Browser? John Kerkes Firefox 4 01-18-2008 07:41 PM
Safest Way to Share Files? =?Utf-8?B?THVpcw==?= Wireless Networking 3 11-21-2005 05:07 PM
The safest airline in the world Barry Plant Doherty Computer Support 11 07-29-2004 06:49 AM
Re: The worlds safest downloader? Max Quordlepleen Computer Support 3 08-04-2003 11:43 PM
Re: The worlds safest downloader? ░Mike░ Computer Support 0 08-04-2003 07:09 PM

Advertisments