Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > FSIM X on Vista 64 bit

FSIM X on Vista 64 bit

jabloomf1230

There's a lot of things all jumbled up in this thread. First Vista has
both DX10 and DX9(for backward compatibility)functionality built in,
right now. At the moment, only the nVidia 8xxx video cards support DX10.
But that does no one any good, since there are no Vista drivers from
nVidia that support DX10. Finally, FSX is presently only a DX9 game,
until MS comes up with a patch.

BTW, 5xxx, 6xxx and 7xxx cards from nVidia are not capable of supporting
DX10, at least that's what MS and nVidia say. The same is true for every
ATI card out right now also, but that's soon to change as the 2xxx ATI
cards come out.

Tune in again in 2 or 3 months and things will probably be even more
confusing.

R. C. White, MVP wrote:
> Hi, Tony.
>
> DXDIAG.EXE says I'm running DirectX 10 NOW in Vista Ultimate x64.
>
> I'm not a gamer, and I haven't installed Flight Simulator in years, so
> maybe I just don't understand the issue.
>
> My computer was upgraded in December to an EPoX MF570SLI mobo/AMD Athlon
> 64 X2 5000+ CPU/2 GB PC6400 RAM and ATI Radeon X1600 Pro PCI-express
> video card. The Windows Experience score is 4.6, with Graphics being
> the lowest score at 4.6; Gaming graphics gets 4.9.
>
> RC

justfwed

new hp m9510f vista 64 bit w Nvidia GeForce 9500GS graphic
card.....flight simulator x installs but there is no .exe to star
program......after install it doesn't show up on desktop and goes t
Windows/games folder.yet there is no .exe file .only folder fo
FSX.....FSX works fine on my other PC w/ XP Home.anyone one else hav
this problem? Any help

--
justfwe
justfwed's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/129155.ht