Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > how to start preparation

Reply
Thread Tools

how to start preparation

 
 
=?Utf-8?B?QW5pbA==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-29-2007
Hi, I am going to start preparing for MCSE exam and I have decided to join a
training programm. I am not from IT background. Please, can any one guide me
from his experiance - is it very difficult ? How much time per day it need to
study ?
I am working with a company (non-IT) so can't give more time. Please advise.

Thanks
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
CBIC
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-29-2007

"Anil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, I am going to start preparing for MCSE exam and I have decided to join
> a
> training programm. I am not from IT background. Please, can any one guide
> me
> from his experiance - is it very difficult ? How much time per day it need
> to
> study ?
> I am working with a company (non-IT) so can't give more time. Please
> advise.
>
> Thanks


Well since I know your background so well I can say with all certainty if
you study for 1 hour a week you will be ready to take any test in 5.67
weeks. HTH


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
catwalker63
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-29-2007
Anil piffled away vaguely:

> Hi, I am going to start preparing for MCSE exam and I have decided to join a
> training programm. I am not from IT background. Please, can any one guide me
> from his experiance - is it very difficult ? How much time per day it need to
> study ?
> I am working with a company (non-IT) so can't give more time. Please advise.
>
> Thanks


I recommend you get some IT background first before attempting
certification. The certs are meant for people who already have
experience to certify their knowledge. If you want an educational
course, take a college class or two and get an entry level position at a
help-desk or something.
--

Catwalker
MCNGP #43
www.mcngp.com
"Definitely not wearing any underwear."

 
Reply With Quote
 
Lasher
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-29-2007
=?Utf-8?B?QW5pbA==?= <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi, I am going to start preparing for MCSE exam and I have decided to
> join a training programm. I am not from IT background. Please, can
> any one guide me from his experiance - is it very difficult ? How much
> time per day it need to study ?
> I am working with a company (non-IT) so can't give more time. Please
> advise.
>
> Thanks
>


Anil,

First: I would recommend that you read as much as possible from
Microsoft Press on the exams that you are taking and previous questions
asked in the newsgroups on the questions you may have. Ask if you don't
understand or use Google as a tool.

Second: I would STRONGLY advise that you set yourself up a server
environment that you can experiment with so that you have a basic
fundamental knowledege of the Windows Server Environment and move up
from there.

Third: Go grab yourself either a MeasureUp or Self Test Software (I've
had better luck with Self Test Software in my experience) on the exams
you are worried about. Trust me, it will prepare you very well for the
exam format that you will be taking.

Fourth: It wouldn't hurt to get an MCDST or A+ Certification as your
elective as it would just add to the list of certifications that you'd
be achieving and make you more marketable. Either way, you have to take
some elective courses in the MCSA/MCSE exam path.

Fifth: There is more accurate study material available for the MCSE 2000
than then MCSE 2003, which you can still take. Even though it is an
older OS, there is a single exam that will upgrade your certification to
an MCSE 2003 and you'd still have MCSE 2000 as a certification!

Sixth: Don't use br@indumps. You'll end up not learning anything and
when real-life experience, which is what certifications truly prove,
comes into play and you can't do the job, it will be apparent that you
didn't learn anything. Aside from that, it violates the Microsoft MCPPA
and NDA for the exams.

In response to your questions:

I would say that the difficulty level is based upon your experience.
And since you said that you were "not from an IT background", I would
take it one step at a time and follow my advice above.

The time per day that you need to spend studying all depends on how fast
you can learn the material and feel confident enough to pass the exams.
A lot of people get "test fright" right as they begin taking the tests,
so get as much preparation in as possible.

What kind of training program are you participating in? And if so, is
it a Microsoft Certified Training Provider?

And, how much time and resources do you have to devote to learning this
material? Is there a deadline that you must meet? If you do not have a
deadline, DO NOT RUSH YOURSELF. You will only end up taking the exam
over because you'll have crammed in the information.

All in all, make it fun. Don't stress out about it if you have time.
And if you don't have time, make time. No one is going to force you to
take the exams _now_. And if they are, you need to get a refund from
the "bootcamp" you enrolled in.


--
Lasher
MCNGP #50
www.mcngp.com > all
MCNGP: Leading the world to better training, better computer skills,
and taking out the lowdes of the world with fervor beyond anyone's
belief.
www.certguard.com/forums/
 
Reply With Quote
 
TheITGirl
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-29-2007

"Anil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, I am going to start preparing for MCSE exam and I have decided to join
> a
> training programm. I am not from IT background. Please, can any one guide
> me
> from his experiance - is it very difficult ? How much time per day it need
> to
> study ?
> I am working with a company (non-IT) so can't give more time. Please
> advise.
>
> Thanks

Hello Anil

The MCSE is a high-level certification intended for experienced
professionals and is certainly not a starting place for a career in IT.

All Microsoft certifications assume a certain level of experience in the
particular role - without this experience you will find the study and exams
very difficult.

Of course, I don't know how much you already know about computers, my advice
to you would be to look for an entry-level trainee position (you will likely
have to take a drop in salary temporarily - I did). Such jobs are not easy
to come by, I know, but a few speculative applications to local companies
may yield results.

Then, after 6-12 months in this job you can start thinking about your first
certification, maybe A+ or MCDST, depending on where you want to specialise
(eg. hardware or software).

If you are serious about a career in IT, you will need to put in several
hours of study time a week - there is a lot of material to learn!

Best of luck

IT Girl MCDST


 
Reply With Quote
 
CertGuard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-29-2007
"Anil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, I am going to start preparing for MCSE exam and I have decided to join a
> training programm. I am not from IT background. Please, can any one guide me
> from his experiance - is it very difficult ? How much time per day it need to
> study ?
> I am working with a company (non-IT) so can't give more time. Please advise.
>
> Thanks



You want to know what you're getting into?

Read this: http://www.certguard.com/An-MCSE-Informative.asp

As for the amount of study time. If you really want to learn, then look at it
like a job. If you already have a job (or are in school), you need to try to
work on these goals for at least 4 hours per day. If you don't have a job, then
try to put in 8 hours per day. And always put in overtime whenever you can.

--
CertGuard
You think you know IT?!?!
Check out the new forums at: http://www.CertGuard.com/forums/

--
Some useful links:

Home: http://www.CertGuard.com
Forums: http://www.CertGuard.com/forums/

Braindumps: http://www.CertGuard.com/braindumps.asp
Practice Test Providers: http://www.CertGuard.com/reviews.asp
Study Materials and Books: http://www.CertGuard.com/store.asp
Vendor Links and Emails: http://www.CertGuard.com/links.asp
--



 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?QW5pbA==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-29-2007
Hi,
Your answer is really very informative. Here I need to same more about
myself. I am always good (can't say best) at study and feel that I can learn
very easily the subject related to computers...
I had very bad experiance of the exams in thepast, so I lost my morals and
confidance.
once more ,Thanks a Lot.

Anil

"Lasher" wrote:

> =?Utf-8?B?QW5pbA==?= <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Hi, I am going to start preparing for MCSE exam and I have decided to
> > join a training programm. I am not from IT background. Please, can
> > any one guide me from his experiance - is it very difficult ? How much
> > time per day it need to study ?
> > I am working with a company (non-IT) so can't give more time. Please
> > advise.
> >
> > Thanks
> >

>
> Anil,
>
> First: I would recommend that you read as much as possible from
> Microsoft Press on the exams that you are taking and previous questions
> asked in the newsgroups on the questions you may have. Ask if you don't
> understand or use Google as a tool.
>
> Second: I would STRONGLY advise that you set yourself up a server
> environment that you can experiment with so that you have a basic
> fundamental knowledege of the Windows Server Environment and move up
> from there.
>
> Third: Go grab yourself either a MeasureUp or Self Test Software (I've
> had better luck with Self Test Software in my experience) on the exams
> you are worried about. Trust me, it will prepare you very well for the
> exam format that you will be taking.
>
> Fourth: It wouldn't hurt to get an MCDST or A+ Certification as your
> elective as it would just add to the list of certifications that you'd
> be achieving and make you more marketable. Either way, you have to take
> some elective courses in the MCSA/MCSE exam path.
>
> Fifth: There is more accurate study material available for the MCSE 2000
> than then MCSE 2003, which you can still take. Even though it is an
> older OS, there is a single exam that will upgrade your certification to
> an MCSE 2003 and you'd still have MCSE 2000 as a certification!
>
> Sixth: Don't use br@indumps. You'll end up not learning anything and
> when real-life experience, which is what certifications truly prove,
> comes into play and you can't do the job, it will be apparent that you
> didn't learn anything. Aside from that, it violates the Microsoft MCPPA
> and NDA for the exams.
>
> In response to your questions:
>
> I would say that the difficulty level is based upon your experience.
> And since you said that you were "not from an IT background", I would
> take it one step at a time and follow my advice above.
>
> The time per day that you need to spend studying all depends on how fast
> you can learn the material and feel confident enough to pass the exams.
> A lot of people get "test fright" right as they begin taking the tests,
> so get as much preparation in as possible.
>
> What kind of training program are you participating in? And if so, is
> it a Microsoft Certified Training Provider?
>
> And, how much time and resources do you have to devote to learning this
> material? Is there a deadline that you must meet? If you do not have a
> deadline, DO NOT RUSH YOURSELF. You will only end up taking the exam
> over because you'll have crammed in the information.
>
> All in all, make it fun. Don't stress out about it if you have time.
> And if you don't have time, make time. No one is going to force you to
> take the exams _now_. And if they are, you need to get a refund from
> the "bootcamp" you enrolled in.
>
>
> --
> Lasher
> MCNGP #50
> www.mcngp.com > all
> MCNGP: Leading the world to better training, better computer skills,
> and taking out the lowdes of the world with fervor beyond anyone's
> belief.
> www.certguard.com/forums/
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Lasher
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-29-2007
=?Utf-8?B?QW5pbA==?= <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi,
> Your answer is really very informative. Here I need to same more about
> myself. I am always good (can't say best) at study and feel that I
> can learn very easily the subject related to computers...



> I had very bad experiance of the exams in thepast, so I lost my
> morals and
> confidance.
> once more ,Thanks a Lot.
>
> Anil
>


Anil,


For some people, computers comes very easy. For others, they don't even
know how to turn them on. If you feel confident enough, go for it.

Please do tell me how much time you have to study and when you
anticipate on taking these classes and exams. It would help me guide
you more in the right direction.

We all learn from our mistakes. The first Microsoft Exam I took, I
failed because I wasn't prepared and didn't know what exactly to expect.
I went back home, got the Self Test Software - which I had originally
used MeasureUp and that just made things more confusing - rescheduled
and passed with a very decent score.

Don't let your confidence or morals get down. Just remember that the
first time is always hard and we learn how to do better with each try!
Keep up the good work and never stop learning!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

--
Lasher
MCNGP #50
www.mcngp.com > all
MCNGP: Leading the world to better training, better computer skills,
and taking out the lowdes of the world with fervor beyond anyone's
belief.
www.certguard.com/forums/
 
Reply With Quote
 
Michael D. Alligood
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-30-2007
Anil, anything I would advise you to do has already been stated
professionally in this thread. Good job guys! I would lean toward
CatWalker and CertGuard's post (he linked my article!). Seriously, this
certification is not for beginners. It is not for book worms. It is one
of Microsoft's elite certification. Lasher made some great suggestions.
This certification REQUIRES time and dedication. When performed
correctly, there are no shortcuts.

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
CIW Certified Instructor

http://yetanotherblog.typepad.com/theclassroom



"Anil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi,
> Your answer is really very informative. Here I need to same more about
> myself. I am always good (can't say best) at study and feel that I can learn
> very easily the subject related to computers...
> I had very bad experiance of the exams in thepast, so I lost my morals and
> confidance.
> once more ,Thanks a Lot.
>
> Anil
>
> "Lasher" wrote:
>
> > =?Utf-8?B?QW5pbA==?= <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> > news:(E-Mail Removed):
> >
> > > Hi, I am going to start preparing for MCSE exam and I have decided to
> > > join a training programm. I am not from IT background. Please, can
> > > any one guide me from his experiance - is it very difficult ? How much
> > > time per day it need to study ?
> > > I am working with a company (non-IT) so can't give more time. Please
> > > advise.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >

> >
> > Anil,
> >
> > First: I would recommend that you read as much as possible from
> > Microsoft Press on the exams that you are taking and previous questions
> > asked in the newsgroups on the questions you may have. Ask if you don't
> > understand or use Google as a tool.
> >
> > Second: I would STRONGLY advise that you set yourself up a server
> > environment that you can experiment with so that you have a basic
> > fundamental knowledege of the Windows Server Environment and move up
> > from there.
> >
> > Third: Go grab yourself either a MeasureUp or Self Test Software (I've
> > had better luck with Self Test Software in my experience) on the exams
> > you are worried about. Trust me, it will prepare you very well for the
> > exam format that you will be taking.
> >
> > Fourth: It wouldn't hurt to get an MCDST or A+ Certification as your
> > elective as it would just add to the list of certifications that you'd
> > be achieving and make you more marketable. Either way, you have to take
> > some elective courses in the MCSA/MCSE exam path.
> >
> > Fifth: There is more accurate study material available for the MCSE 2000
> > than then MCSE 2003, which you can still take. Even though it is an
> > older OS, there is a single exam that will upgrade your certification to
> > an MCSE 2003 and you'd still have MCSE 2000 as a certification!
> >
> > Sixth: Don't use br@indumps. You'll end up not learning anything and
> > when real-life experience, which is what certifications truly prove,
> > comes into play and you can't do the job, it will be apparent that you
> > didn't learn anything. Aside from that, it violates the Microsoft MCPPA
> > and NDA for the exams.
> >
> > In response to your questions:
> >
> > I would say that the difficulty level is based upon your experience.
> > And since you said that you were "not from an IT background", I would
> > take it one step at a time and follow my advice above.
> >
> > The time per day that you need to spend studying all depends on how fast
> > you can learn the material and feel confident enough to pass the exams.
> > A lot of people get "test fright" right as they begin taking the tests,
> > so get as much preparation in as possible.
> >
> > What kind of training program are you participating in? And if so, is
> > it a Microsoft Certified Training Provider?
> >
> > And, how much time and resources do you have to devote to learning this
> > material? Is there a deadline that you must meet? If you do not have a
> > deadline, DO NOT RUSH YOURSELF. You will only end up taking the exam
> > over because you'll have crammed in the information.
> >
> > All in all, make it fun. Don't stress out about it if you have time.
> > And if you don't have time, make time. No one is going to force you to
> > take the exams _now_. And if they are, you need to get a refund from
> > the "bootcamp" you enrolled in.
> >
> >
> > --
> > Lasher
> > MCNGP #50
> > www.mcngp.com > all
> > MCNGP: Leading the world to better training, better computer skills,
> > and taking out the lowdes of the world with fervor beyond anyone's
> > belief.
> > www.certguard.com/forums/
> >


 
Reply With Quote
 
Kline Sphere
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-30-2007
>The MCSE is a high-level certification intended for experienced
>professionals and is certainly not a starting place for a career in IT.


no, that's right, school and college are.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: How include a large array? Edward A. Falk C Programming 1 04-04-2013 08:07 PM
CCIE bootcamp preparation jmarkotic Cisco 6 08-25-2008 07:59 AM
How to start preparation for 70-305? radha MCSD 4 04-16-2004 08:45 PM
CCIE preparation camp experience welcomed jmarkotic Cisco 1 12-02-2003 05:55 PM
préparation 70-228 70-229 Narayaana Microsoft Certification 0 09-28-2003 06:08 AM



Advertisments