Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How do you install System Service

How do you install System Service

LDR

I'm on WindowsXPpro and would like to set up a system service for a
remote server. I have the batch file but don't know how to execute it,
or where to put it, although I assume it is somewhere in the networking
corner of the computer. TIA

Desk Rabbit

LDR wrote:
> I'm on WindowsXPpro and would like to set up a system service for a
> remote server. I have the batch file but don't know how to execute it,
> or where to put it, although I assume it is somewhere in the networking
> corner of the computer. TIA

Lie down, have a rest, have a think about what you are trying to do,
read this http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html and then
come back and ask a proper question.

meerkat

"LDR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> I'm on WindowsXPpro and would like to set up a system service for a
> remote server. I have the batch file but don't know how to execute it,
> or where to put it, although I assume it is somewhere in the networking
> corner of the computer. TIA

Go to www.google.com, and type in..
`setting up remote server`.
You`ll get some help in the articles there.

why?

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 15:38:59 GMT, LDR wrote:

>I'm on WindowsXPpro and would like to set up a system service for a
>remote server. I have the batch file but don't know how to execute it,
>or where to put it, although I assume it is somewhere in the networking
>corner of the computer. TIA

There is a lot of information about this,
www.google.com
Web Results 1 - 10 of about 34,000,000 for

create a system service windows xp -pack

.. (0.32 seconds)

http://support.microsoft.com/
http://msdn.microsoft.com/

I use a utility to create a service for me, firedaemon, there are a few
others.

Not forgetting the MS Windows XP newsgroups, mentioned before in 24HSHD
search from,

http://groups.google.com/group/24hou...elpdesk/topics

Me