Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > 70228(SQL Server 2000) - Exams marking

70228(SQL Server 2000) - Exams marking

Tman

This week I had appeared and got 669,i.e I failed.
I had got 45 Question, so if I divide equally each
question should be of 22 Marks. How come I have not
received in that fashion. I mean to say does MCSE exams
also give marks for partially correct Answer.

molsonexpert

"Tman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:f99401c43e61$00ca6330$(E-Mail Removed)...
> This week I had appeared and got 669,i.e I failed.
> I had got 45 Question, so if I divide equally each
> question should be of 22 Marks. How come I have not
> received in that fashion. I mean to say does MCSE exams
> also give marks for partially correct Answer.

If I understand your question, the answer is: either an answer is correct or
incorrect; there's no middle ground and no partial marks for partially
correct answers.

Hope this helps.

--
"It's such a fine line between stupid and clever."

Neil

"=?Utf-8?B?Ug==?=" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> You are making the incorrect assumption that the maximum score you can
> get on the exam is 1000.
>
> All MS exams now have a pass mark of 700, but what that is out of
> (i.e. maximum) is undisclosed. Easier exams will have a maximum lower
> than 1000, harder exams will have a maximum greater than 1000. We just
> don't know what that maximum score is.

and anyone could find this out. the MS site says:

"Q. What does my score mean?

A. Beginning with the release of the Microsoft Windows Server™
2003–related exams, Microsoft will provide numerical scores on exams. By
the end of September 2003, most exams will have the new score report
format, which includes this numerical score. Microsoft has worked with
customers and testing industry experts to create an exam scale that would
be consistent across all exams. The new scale requires a minimum passing
score of 700 on all exams. The maximum score on the exams will vary
depending on the complexity of the skills being measured."

this and more can be found at:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...procedures.asp

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Marking schemes for exams Don Carter MCSD 1 02-23-2005 09:19 PM
Marking as Junk SightSeer Firefox 6 01-10-2005 10:01 AM
TB marking folders read Bob Firefox 4 12-14-2004 05:57 PM
Marking Newsgroup Read on Exit Shelly Firefox 3 09-23-2004 03:50 AM
Marking as read coustanis Firefox 12 06-16-2004 08:21 AM

Advertisments