Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Problems

Problems

TGS

I'm having some problems with my software etc since about eighteen
months ago when I upgraded to Girlfriend 1.0 from Drinking Mates 4.2
which I'd used for years without any trouble.

However, there are apparently conflicts between these two products and
the only solution was to try and run Girlfriend 1.0 with the sound
turned off. To make matters worse, Girlfriend 1.0 is also incompatible
with several other applications, such as Lads Night Out 3.1, Football
2 and Playboy 6.1. Successive versions of Girlfriend proved no
better.

A shareware beta-programme, Party Girl 2.1 which I tried had many bugs
and left a virus in my system, forcing me to shut down completely for
several weeks. Eventually I tried to run Girlfriend 1.2 and Girlfriend
1.0 at the same time, only to discover that when these two systems
detected each other they caused severe damage to my hardware.

Sensing a way out, I then upgraded to Fiancée 1.0 only to discover
that this product soon had to be upgraded (at great cost)to Wife 1.0,
which I reluctantly agreed to because, whilst Wife 1.0 tends to use up
all my available resources, it does come bundled with FreeSex Plus and
Cleanhouse 2000. Shortly after this upgrade however I then discovered
that Wife 1.0 can be very unstable and costly to run. For example, any
mistakes I made were automatically stored in Wife 1.0's memory and
could not be deleted.

They then resurfaced months later when I had forgotten about them.
Wife 1.0 also has an automatic Diary Explorer and E-mail porn filter,
and can, without warning, launch Photostrop and Whingezip! These
latter products have no help files and I have to try and guess what
the problem is myself.

Additional costly problems are that Wife 1.0 needs updating regularly,
requiring Shoe Shop Browser for new attachments and also Hairstyle
Express which needs to be reinstalled every other week. Wife 1.0 also
spawns unwelcome child processes that also drains my resources. It
also conflicted with some of the new games I wanted to try, stating
that they are an illegal operation.

When Wife 1.0 attaches itself to my Audi TT programme it often crashes
or runs the system dry. Wife 1.0 also has a rather annoying pop-up
called Mother-in-Law, which can't be turned off. Recently I've
attempted to try Mistress 2001, but there could be problems, a friend
has alerted me to the fact that if Wife 1.0 detects the presence of
Mistress 2001 it tends to delete all my MS Money files before un-
installing itself.

Any Ideas ?

Rectum Burn

"TGS" <(E-Mail Removed)> said in news:1175153583.490294.91190
@y66g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

<snip>

> Any Ideas ?

Yes. Find some new material that hasn't long since lost it's humour.

Rectum Burrrrrrrrrn

harold potter

I disagree with hot arse. Brilliant and thank you for giving me a laugh.
"Rectum Burn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns99022A4132E49asspiratetime@217.22.228.20.. .
> "TGS" <(E-Mail Removed)> said in news:1175153583.490294.91190
> @y66g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:
>

> <snip>
>
>> Any Ideas ?

> Yes. Find some new material that hasn't long since lost it's humour.
>
> Rectum Burrrrrrrrrn

Gary G. Taylor

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 11:47:20 +0000, harold potter wrote:

> I disagree with hot arse. Brilliant and thank you for giving me a laugh.

It's been around and around and around the 'net for years.

--
Gary G. Taylor * Pomona, CA * 34.074630°N 117.754195°W
knotgary at knotdonavan dot org http : // www.donavan.org

thanatoid

"harold potter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in news:cHNOh.9852$(E-Mail Removed):

> I disagree with hot arse. Brilliant and thank you for
> giving me a laugh.

Me too. It was VERY funny and clever and I have never seen it
before - did you write it yourself? If so, congratulations.

Aardvark

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 18:30:26 +0000, thanatoid wrote:

> "harold potter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> in news:cHNOh.9852$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> I disagree with hot arse. Brilliant and thank you for
>> giving me a laugh.

> Me too. It was VERY funny and clever and I have never seen it
> before - did you write it yourself? If so, congratulations.

Can't decide whether your post oozes sarcasm or naivete.

--
Registered Linux User 413057.
Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06

thanatoid

Aardvark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:FZTOh.19881$(E-Mail Removed):

> On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 18:30:26 +0000, thanatoid wrote:
>
>> "harold potter" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote in news:cHNOh.9852$(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>> I disagree with hot arse. Brilliant and thank you for
>>> giving me a laugh.

>> Me too. It was VERY funny and clever and I have never seen
>> it before - did you write it yourself? If so,
>> congratulations.

> Can't decide whether your post oozes sarcasm or naivete.

Naïveté. I don't usually bother with "funny" posts so I have
never seen that one before.