Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Replacement for 2511

Replacement for 2511

dennis

Hi Group,

I need information about a replacement product for the cisco 2511 with
16 x RJ45
Which one can I use ? In the cisco doc I found as replacement the
2610XM...but I don't think it has 16 x RJ45 ?!

And also what about the cables for the 2511? Is ist possible that I
can order additional cables for the 2511 ?

thx

dennis

Doug McIntyre

"dennis" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>I need information about a replacement product for the cisco 2511 with
>16 x RJ45
>Which one can I use ? In the cisco doc I found as replacement the
>2610XM...but I don't think it has 16 x RJ45 ?!

Sure, a 2610XM would work just fine as a replacement. If you are
looking at new boxes, a 2811 would work better. Maybe the reason
you are confused is that these routers are modular. You have to add on
cards to make them do what you want. In your case, since you seem to
be looking for 16 asynchronous serial ports, you'd look to add on an
NM-16AS card or NM-32AS card to get 16 or 32 asynchronous serial ports.

>And also what about the cables for the 2511? Is ist possible that I
>can order additional cables for the 2511 ?

The same cables used on the 2511 are used on the NM-xxAS cards, so
they are current part #s. There's probably alot of those cables
floating around the used markets as well.

Trendkill

On Mar 29, 1:23 am, "dennis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi Group,
>
> I need information about a replacement product for the cisco 2511 with
> 16 x RJ45
> Which one can I use ? In the cisco doc I found as replacement the
> 2610XM...but I don't think it has 16 x RJ45 ?!
>
> And also what about the cables for the 2511? Is ist possible that I
> can order additional cables for the 2511 ?
>
> thx
>
> dennis

Why not just buy a L3 switch with 24 or 48 ports that you can turn up
router interfaces on? I'd like some more information on why you need
a router with 16 ethernet interfaces...then we may be able to suggest
better alternatives.

J.Cottingim

> Why not just buy a L3 switch with 24 or 48 ports that you can turn up
> router interfaces on? I'd like some more information on why you need
> a router with 16 ethernet interfaces...then we may be able to suggest
> better alternatives.

....good point.
Dennis,
It would help the group to help you if you were to post the output of
"show version" and "show run"

-JC

Andrey Tarasov

Hello, Trendkill!
You wrote on 29 Mar 2007 05:48:58 -0700:

??>> I need information about a replacement product for the cisco
??>> 2511 with 16 x RJ45 Which one can I use ? In the cisco doc I
??>> found as replacement the 2610XM...but I don't think it has 16 x
??>> RJ45 ?!
??>>
??>> And also what about the cables for the 2511? Is ist possible
??>> that I can order additional cables for the 2511 ?

T> Why not just buy a L3 switch with 24 or 48 ports that you can turn
T> up router interfaces on? I'd like some more information on why
T> you need a router with 16 ethernet interfaces...then we may be
T> able to suggest better alternatives.

Well, 16 RJ45 interfaces on 2511 are not ethernet ones.

With best regards,
Andrey.

dennis

On 29 Mrz., 14:48, "Trendkill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Mar 29, 1:23 am, "dennis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Hi Group,

> > I need information about a replacement product for the cisco 2511 with
> > 16 x RJ45
> > Which one can I use ? In the cisco doc I found as replacement the
> > 2610XM...but I don't think it has 16 x RJ45 ?!

> > And also what about the cables for the 2511? Is ist possible that I
> > can order additional cables for the 2511 ?

> > thx

> > dennis

> Why not just buy a L3 switch with 24 or 48 ports that you can turn up
> router interfaces on? I'd like some more information on why you need
> a router with 16 ethernet interfaces...then we may be able to suggest
> better alternatives.

The router should act a a terminalserver

dennis

On 29 Mrz., 16:18, "J.Cottingim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Why not just buy a L3 switch with 24 or 48 ports that you can turn up
> > router interfaces on? I'd like some more information on why you need
> > a router with 16 ethernet interfaces...then we may be able to suggest
> > better alternatives.

> ...good point.
> Dennis,
> It would help the group to help you if you were to post the output of
> "show version" and "show run"
>
> -JC

sorry, I can't give an output because the router is at the moment not
active and is standing in our customers basement...)

but at the moment we will buy a 2610 or 2611 router ...

Newbie 2511 question Mike Cisco 1 04-16-2004 09:48 PM
Cisco 2511 Router For Sale Manfred Antar Cisco 0 01-11-2004 05:48 PM
Cisco 2511 Router For Sale Manfred Antar Cisco 0 10-30-2003 03:51 AM
Cisco 2511 Router For Sale Manfred Antar Cisco 0 08-07-2003 02:42 AM
CISCO 2511 - Dialin access / DTR robert mcfadzien Cisco 1 07-16-2003 11:16 PM

Advertisments